1988 Volvo 240 Wagon, Babied, 79K Low Miles, 2nd Owner
- Make: Volvo
- Model: 240
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Wagon
- Year: 1988
- Mileage: 79000
- VIN: yv1ax885xj1769545
- Color: White
- Engine size: 2.4
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1988 Volvo 240 Wagon
1988 Volvo240 DL Wagon
This vehicle is an all-original RARE,BEAUTIFUL, LOW MILEAGE Texas car that has been well maintained. THE SIX DIGIT ODOMETER SHOWS ONLY 79,000 MILES.
To my knowledge, I am the second owner of this vehicle. I purchased this vehicle from the original owner who was an elderly college professor in the Houston area who now resides at an assisted living facility. Based on conversation with the family of the professor, the low miles as shown on the vehicle are reflective of the professors 1-mile commute from home to work daily. I use the vehicle for display at car shows, and have traveled along with highway with it without issue. The back seat and third row seat look to have been used very minimally. This car has been driven sparinglyfor yearsand was stored in covered storage. The paint on the vehicle is original and the carhas never been wrecked!!
The mileage on the vehicle is original at 79,000. I still drive this vehicle to car shows and events, so it may have a few miles over 79,000 when it is purchased.
- The vehicle passes Texas inspection without issues.
- The car has the RARE chrome luggage rack and rear-facing third row seat that were installed as options on this vehicle.
- I had the clock and indicator lights in the gauge cluster removed to make them functional, but the odometer mileage was not altered to preserve the authenticity.
- The engine and transmission are original and do not have any modifications.
- The 2.4Lengine is extremely strong and does not smoke or burn oil.
- The wheels on the car are in great condition.
- The tires are BRAND NEWwhite letter wider-series tires that I put on for appearance.
- The interior is in excellent condition for a classicVolvo.
- The bumpers on the vehicle have been repainted and are inexcellent condition. A few scratches on the bumpers are still visible although they were painted.
- The floor pans on the vehicle are solid without rust
- There is no rust on the car, or in the wheel wells or door jambs
- The heat words, and the A/C compressor engages, but the A/C needs to be charged since the vehicle was sitting for a while.
- The interior of this vehicle is in excellent condition. There are two few very small chips in the vinyl of the rear seat that have been repaired. The dashboardand door panels are original good condition, but the map pocket on the driverâ€™s side door has a crack in it.
- The carpet has very minor blemishesthat arecommensurate with the age of the vehicle; there are no major stains or damage to the carpet.
- All of the seat belts, seat belt loops, light globe covers, ashtrays, control knobs are present and are in good condition.
- The headlights are new aftermarket replacements.
- The rear window wiper works, but the washer does not. I have not had this evaluated.
- Theradio is an aftermarket Kenwood and the original AM/FM radio is uninstalled and comes with the vehicle.
- The glass on the vehicle is in great condition, but there are two small repaired rock chips and a larger rock chip (about the size of a nickel) in the windshield that has also been filled.
- The cargo area is in good condition and has the rare rear facing seat and original spare tire. The carpet in the rear area, obviously,shows more wear than the passenger area.
- The original hubcaps and two original-width tires will also be included with the vehicle.
I have nothing to hide on this vehicle purchase, and my goal is to represent the car according to my perspective. My intent is to represent this vehicle well in my description in hope that a new owner will give this car the due love that it needs. I would prefer a buyer come take a look at the vehicle prior to purchase to evaluate the vehicle. I will also take the vehicle free of charge for a mechanical, or quality evaluation within the Houston area prior to purchase at the perspective buyers expense. I can also take pictures of any area a perspective buyer desires at request.
Buyer is responsible for all shipping arrangements and costs. Buyer is responsible for picking this vehicle up from itsâ€™ current location inHouston, TX (zip: 77053). I will deliver this vehicle to a shipping terminal within the Houston area at no charge to the buyer. This vehicle must be picked up within 10 days of auction completion.
Winning bidder must make a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 via paypal within 24 hrs after the auction concludes. Balance of the winning bid must be received within 7 days of the auctionâ€™s completion. I accept payment via paypal, money order, or cashiers check for final payment.
I reserve the right to end this auction early since the vehicle is being offered for sale locally AT A MUCH HIGHER PRICE THAN MY RESERVE.
This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith. No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have the vehicle thoroughly inspected, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.
GOOD LUCK!On Feb-17-20 at 08:53:48 PST, seller added the following information:
Correction to the listing: The heater Currently does not work because it has been by-passed at the heater core. The heater core had a leak in it, so it has been by-passed. Here in Texas, I did not use the heater. Also, the air conditioning system is in-tact, however, I have not used it. The air compressor does click on.
The car can also use new front and rear shocks because the ones on it appear to be original.
Again, I welcome inspections on this car prior to purchase. It sat for several years, and although it passes the Texas safety inspection and drives fine for the local trips I have taken in it, I would not attempt to drive it on an extended trip or on the highway.
This car has a low reserve to account for work this car will probably need to be be restored.