1986 PORSCHE 944 TURBO / "951" - 76,724 MILES - MAINTAINED - EXCELLENT ORIGINAL
Price: - Item location: Pleasanton, California, United States
- Make: Porsche
- Model: 944
- SubModel: Turbo
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: TURBO
- Year: 1986
- Mileage: 76,745
- VIN: WP0AA0953GN150956
- Color: Alpine White
- Engine size: 2.5 Liter Turbo
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Burgundy Leather
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Stock Condition
- Options: CD Player, Leather Seats, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1986 Porsche 944 TURBO
1986 Porsche 944 Turbo
Finished in Striking Alpine White / Burgundy Leather Interior
76,724 Documented Miles - Totally Clean CarFax
Professionally Porsche Maintained - Beautiful Example of an
Increasing Desirable Porsche "951” 944 Turbo
NOTE: Our listings are lengthy. They not only describe this particular car but also some history of the make/model, considerations in buying a classic car and facts about our firm. However, we continually hear from out-of-state / out-of- country buyers (many of our clients) that they prefer the level of detail that we provide. However, if you are not prepared to read the full listing, please scan the DETAILS below along with viewing the PHOTOGRAPHS at the bottom. If you'd prefer, please call us at 925-846-1451 and we'll gladly discuss the Porsche and answer any questions over the telephone, including our "Buy it Now” policy. Yes, the Porsche can be purchased prior to the end of the eBay auction.
PLEASE NOTE: EACH TIME WE LIST A VEHICLE ON eBay WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THAT THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OF THE INTERIOR, ENGINE, UNDERCARRIAGE, ETC. OF THE CAR. THERE ARE CLOSE TO 100 PHOTOS OF ALL AREAS OF THIS PORSCHE, BUT WHEN YOU REACH WHAT APPEARS TO BE THE LAST PHOTO, YOU WILL NEED TO SCROLL DOWN ON eBay TO VIEW THE REMAINING PHOTOS. IF YOU ARE STILL UNABLE TO SEE THEM, PLEASE CALL US AT 925-846-1451 AND WE WILL PROVIDE A DIRECT LINK. NOTE: IT IS A VIOLATION OF eBay POLICY FOR US TO LIST THE URL ON THE eBay LISTING. PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADDITIONAL PHOTOS OF ANY PART OF THE PORSCHE. ALL OF OUR PHOTOS ARE TAKEN IN NATURAL LIGHT AND WE DO NOT "PHOTO-SHOP” OR TOUCH-UP THE PHOTOS IN ANY WAY.
This car is offered at a realistic price and, unlike bidding on cars in an auction environment, you will have the benefit of extensive information and history on the car prior to making a buying decision. Equally as important is the fact that Classic Cars Ltd. has been in business for 24+ years and enjoys an excellent national / international relationship with over 930 positive eBay feedback responses.
Please keep in mind that we will gladly...
1. Answer any questions over the telephone and take the time to guide prospective customers through the buying process (925-846-1451).
2. Assist with locating a quality, suitable transporter at very competitive prices.
3. Provide proof that we are licensed, bonded (for the financial transaction), fully insured, and operate from an established showroom environment.
4. Provide feedback from previous buyers, and specific references for vehicle purchases in your area (we also ask that you view our detailed eBay feedback by clicking on the number to the right of the eBay user name)
5. Offer additional information including specific photographs or clarification of any part of our description of the vehicle
Thank you again, please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Paul R. Wankle, Pres.
Classic Cars Ltd.
DETAILS - THIS PARTICULAR 1986 PORSCHE 944 TURBO
The VIN is WP0AA0953GN150956 and the Porsche is currently licensed and registered in California through October, 2017. The current odometer reading of 76,724 miles is documented by maintenance records, and supported by the CarFax report. Considering the mileage, the collectors / enthusiasts that have owned this example have used it an annual average of under 2,500 miles. The Porsche is in beautiful condition and presents as a considerably lower mileage, newer example.
• Excellent Alpine white factory correct color paint
• Complete high quality trim removed re-paint in the original color within 3 years
• No door dings on sides
• Very straight accident free body
• "German quality” fit of all body panels
• Large power sunroof with rear flip up
• Excellent glass all around
• Front bumper area and lower valence are good
• Both black rear bumperettes and exterior trim in beautiful condition
• Dual factory outside rear view mirrors
• Factory burgundy leather interior presents a nice contrast to the Alpine White
• Burgundy leather front seats both in fine condition with no of the typical wear to the driver's side seat bolster - Free from major imperfections
• Rear jump seats w/ folding backs in good condition
• Factory 3-point front seat belts
• Factory 2-point rear seat belts
• Color coordinated burgundy carpet throughout in very nice condition
• Contrasting gray floor mats with Porsche logos
• Dash covered with dash mat - Some crazing from heat that developed subsequent to the installation of the dash cover
• Nice black door panels
• Matching sun visors w/ vanity mirrors - free from warping and fading
• Headliner is excellent condition, including sunroof
• Steering wheel covered with thicker leather wrap
• Rear window defogger
• Both doors and both compartment lids open/close solidly with perfect gaps
• After market Alpine CDE-HD138BT9847 AM/FM CD stereo w/ MP3 and WMA playback
• Rear storage compartment is clean with very nice carpet and includes storage bag for sunroof
• Factory spare tire
• Very clean engine compartment supporting excellent maintenance - no leaks
The overall cosmetic condition of the car is excellent. The Apline white interior and desirable burgundy leather is a striking combination on the 944 Turbo. The excellent paint was re-done by a local, high quality body shop within the past 2-3 years with trim removed and finished in the factory original / correct color of Porsche Alpine white. Since the complete respray, there has no partial repainting and the car is free from any accident damage with only minor cosmetic imperfections that are noticed only upon a close, critical scrutiny and do not detract from the appearance of the Porsche. There are no door dings. Both the front and rear bumper areas are in good condition and the front spoiler is free from cracking and damage. The removable sunroof top is in very nice condition including the underside of the top. Glass is free from damage and the power windows are fully functional. The unique factory "telephone dial” Porsche factory 944 Turbo wheels are in excellent damage with no major curbing, or damage. The premium Bridgestone tires are very nice with even wear and considerable remaining tread.
The interior shows beautifully. The leather seats, carpeting, and door panels are all in very nice, stock condition, reflecting the car's low mileage and excellent care over the years. The dash has some cracks but is covered by a custom fit dash cover. The rear area under the hatchback glass is very tidy with excellent carpet that is devoid of fading or damage.
The Porsche is "California” clean, free from rust, and shows absolutely no signs of accident damage. The Car Fax supports the car's totally clean history and lack of flood, theft, salvage and other negative history.
• Passed the California required safety inspection for working wipers, turn signals, lights, brakes, etc.
• Includes color original dealer brochures and literature (refer to photos)
• Owner's Manual and Warranty & Maintenance Manual
• Receipts / maintenance file included
• Clear California title and currently California registered
• Original tool kit
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE 1987 PORSCHE 911 CARRERA TARGA
• TYPE: Inline 4
• INDUCTION: Turbocharged
• COOLING: Water-cooled
• VALVETRAIN: Single overhead camshaft
• INJECTION: Port injection
• BORE X STROKE: 3.94 in/100.0 mm x 3.11 in/78.9 mm
• DISPLACEMENT: 151.22 cu-in./2,479 cc
• HORSEPOWER: 220 @ 5800 rpm
• TORQUE: 243 lb-ft. @ 3500 rpm
• MAX RPM: 6500
• COMPRESSION RATIO: 8.0:1
• OPTIONS: 5-speed manual
• TYPE: Front-engined, rear-wheel drive
• CURB WEIGHT: 2,722 lbs.
• HEIGHT: 50.20 in/1,275 mm
• GROUND CLEARANCE: 4.92 in/125 mm
• LENGTH: 166.54 in/4,230 mm
• WHEELBASE: 94.49 in/2,400 mm
• WIDTH: 68.31 in/1,735 mm
• TRACK FRONT: 58.15 in/1,477 mm
• TRACK REAR: 57.13 in/1,451 mm
• DRAG COEFFICIENT: .33
• WHEEL SIZE FRONT: 16 x 7
• WHEEL SIZE REAR: 16 x 8
• TIRE SIZE FRONT: 205/55VR-16
• TIRE SIZE REAR: 225/50VR-16
• CALIPER FRONT: Fixed 4-piston
• CALIPER REAR: Fixed 4-piston
• DISC TYPE FRONT: Ventilated discs
• DISC TYPE REAR: Ventilated discs
• DISC SIZE FRONT: 11.73 in/298 mm x 1.10 in/28 mm
• DISC SIZE REAR: 11.77 in/299 mm x 0.94 in/24 mm
• 0 TO 60: 6.5 SECONDS
• TOP SPEED: 152 mph
• MPG CITY:
• MPG HIGHWAY: 25
• MPG COMBINED: 22
• FUEL TANK CAPACITY: 21.1 U.S. gallons
• REQUIRED OCTANE: Premium unleaded (91+)
HISTORY OF THE PORSCHE 944 TURBO
In 1985 Porsche introduced the 944 Turbo, a higher-performance variant, known internally as the 951 (952 for right-hand drive models). This had a turbocharged and intercooled version of the standard car's engine that produced approximately 220 hp at 6000 rpm. The turbo was the world's first car using a ceramic portliner to lower temperatures inside the engine. The Turbo also featured several other revisions, such as improved aerodynamics, a strengthened gearbox, wider wheels, and up-rated suspension. Major engine component revisions, more than thirty in all, were made to the 951 to compensate for increased internal loads and heat.
PURCHASING A COLLECTOR VEHICLE - THINGS TO CONSIDER
As always, we recommend that you carefully review the seller's background for any collector car being sold over the Internet. It is important to ask yourself a number of questions including, but not limited to:
- How long have they been in business?
- How much experience do they have with collector cars?
- How many positive collector car vehicle sales have they completed (positive eBay feedback)?
- How detailed/complete is the description of the vehicle?
- Do the photos show details of the interior, exterior, top, chrome, etc. or are they simply "glamour shots" taken from a distance?
- Does the seller have a Surety Bond to protect the financial transaction?
- What about insurance, licensing by the state, and a local business license?
- Does the seller (if a business) have any DMV (Motor Vehicle) complaints and/or other history of legal action, grievances?
- Does the seller enjoy a favorable local and national/international reputation?
- Can the seller assist with funding sources, transport and out of state/country sales?
ABOUT CLASSIC CARS LTD.
- Classic Cars Ltd. has been in the same, small, California town for over 23 years. We operate a small "brick & mortar", indoor showroom, and specialize in the sale, consignment, and purchase of sports, high performance and specialty vehicles of all types. We have a particular interest in sports cars and unique vehicles.
- The majority of our vehicles come from local, private owners and collectors, and many were sold new in California. We appreciate that rust free cars, with excellent documentation and history are especially attractive to our buyers both locally, and around the country. As a result, we do not purchase our collectible cars from "distressed" sales, such as wholesale auctions, salvage sales, or lien sales. We do not sell vehicles with salvage titles, or those that have a history of significant accident damage or repair.
We have sold hundreds of unique, classic and collectible vehicles and regularly deal with buyers that have not had the experience of purchasing a large (both physically and monetarily) item on eBay, or through an Internet source. Our eBay feedback is 100% positive on all vehicle sales from customers around the globe and is a reflection of our commitment to accurate, complete, and thorough vehicle descriptions.
- We have been shipping vehicles for years and have established excellent contacts that are not only high quality but very price competitive. We do not use brokers, terminal shipping or other discount methods. Call us or email for a quote directly to your home or office. We are often able to obtain quality enclosed transportation (the kind of travel this car deserves) for the cost of open shipping.
- Please review our feedback on eBay (user name Never22Many) representing over 930 positive transactions to buyers all over the United States / World.
- We are fully insured, bonded, and licensed for collector car sales all over the United States/World.
- Classic Cars Ltd. carries a $50,000 Surety bond to cover financial transactions
- We frequently sell vehicles to out of State / out of country buyers, and will be glad to provide references for buyers in your area.
MISCELLANEOUS GENERAL INFORMATION
- As with virtually all collector/specialty vehicles, we find that parts and resources are readily available for this (and most every vehicle), thanks in large part to the Internet.
- In addition to the purchase price of the vehicle, California buyers will be subject to sales tax, a documentation fee, DMV transfer fees and license/registration. Out-of-state buyers will be responsible for the purchase price of the vehicle and any local taxes/fees will be the purchaser's responsibility to pay in their respective state. IMPORTANT NOTE: If the vehicle is delivered or driven in California and driven on California roads, sales-tax, license/registration and transfer fees will be assessed per California law.
- While we encourage telephone calls to discuss this vehicle in greater detail we will not respond to inquiries asking "What is the reserve". Also, if you would prefer that we call you to answer any questions about the vehicle; shipping alternatives, etc. please e-mail us with your telephone number and will gladly get back in touch with you.
- We encourage inspections of this Porsche by serious, qualified individuals or professional inspectors. Please call at 925-846-1451 to arrange a convenient time.
- As with any collectible vehicle of this vintage we are unable to provide a warranty or guarantee of condition. However, we make every effort to accurately represent our vehicles, and highlight both positive items as well as areas that require attention. We ask that prospective buyers consider our eBay history/feedback, standing in the community, length of time in business, and other factors when purchasing a collectible vehicle from Classic Cars Ltd.
- Minor cosmetic issues/flaws may be present on every vehicle (regardless of cost) including small chips, nicks, scratches, etc. that can be seen on even the best restoration, or even a relatively new, used "pre-owned" vehicle. Also, ownership of a collectible / specialty vehicle is more enjoyable if the owner is familiar with the "realities" of these unique cars. Unlike more modern day vehicles, these cars require regular, ongoing care/maintenance and some mechanical knowledge, patience, and understanding can make the experience considerably more pleasant. That said, collector / "specialty" car owners will tell you (emphatically) that they love their cars and wouldn't trade them for anything!!
- The information contained in this description is believed to be accurate but, in some instances, has been provided by the car's owner / owners or outside sources. As a result, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of the information. We encourage verification of "numbers" and significant data prior to the purchase of any collector vehicle that you are considering.
Classic Cars Ltd.
Terms & Conditions
Thank You & Happy Bidding
Classic Cars Ltd.