1975 Lincoln Mark IV Original classic California Barn find in storage for years
- Condition: Used
- Make: Lincoln
- Model: Mark Series
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1975
- Mileage: 51
- VIN: 5y89a834133
- Color: Brown
- Engine size: 460
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Transmission: Automatic
- Interior color: Brown
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1975 Lincoln Mark Series1975 Lincoln Mark IVOriginal Blue plateCalifornia Survivor
When it comes to vintage automobiles, it is a fact that original vehicles from California and the West Coast of the United States have always been the most desirable the world over for many reasons; the mild climate and the lack of exposure to the elements of nature that cause things like rust also many automotive trends started in California. The automobile is the perfect technological symbol of American culture, a tangible expression of our quest to level space, time, and class and a reflection of our relentless mobility, social and otherwise. You see automobiles advertised the world over described as California cars because at some point they were in California or drove through California. A true California car is one that was sold new in California and titled in California, one that has the original plates that are on that title is a true California car. We are liquidating a collection of 300 actual California cars. This is a collection that took 70 years to comprise. Most have the original paint and original California licence plates issued to them when they were new
Up for sale is a beautiful 1975 Lincoln Mark IV. This is a car that has spent its whole life residing in the mild climate of the San Francisco bay area. This car was bought new in Oakland, CA and was only used as a primary transportation to commute 200 miles to the cabin in Lake Tahoe,CA. By 1980 the car was retired from use by the family and parked inside along with all of the other vehicles in the collection. The Lincoln Mark series was an iconic symbol of status in the seventies. The Mark IV was special for being one of the last of the big American coupes from an era when size mattered. This long brown coupe represents 1975 well, and is a blast from the past.
Cosmetically this car is in good shape for a 44 year old Lincoln. The body is straightand has no rust. The paint shines and looks great. The chrome trim, emblems and hubcaps are all in good shape with no pitting or dings. All the glass is original and in good shape. The original top looks great and has no rips. All the lights are working and in good shape.
The interior of this Lincoln is in good originalcondition. The seats are nice and comfy and has no rips or tears. The carpet is not ripped and in good shape. The dash looks great all the gauges work, except for the gas gauge which always shows an empty tank. All the power seats and windows are in good shape. The headliner is flawless and does not hang or have any rips, testament to being stored inside in a climate controlled environment.
Mechanically this car is in good running condition. The big 460 cid 7.5 L V8 motor fires up and runs strong and will get this 5,000 lbs boat up to speed effortlessly. The C-6 transmission shifts smooth in all gears as well as reverse. There are no odd noises coming from the motor, transmission or rear end. The brakes work great as they should, the car will need some new shocks at some point but is very much drive able. This was owned by a very serious collector and shows years of pride of ownership always kept in indoor storageThis is a unique opportunity to buy a real California collector car that cannot be duplicated at any price
NO RESERVE THIS ITEM WILL SELL TO THE FINAL BIDDER!This listing includes almost 200 detailed photos and the vehicle has been described as descriptive as possible. If there is anything that is unclear or additional information is needed please don't hesitate to ask. Please ask any questions before bidding.Please only bid with the intention to own. Bidding then canceling for "entering the wrong amount" will get you blocked from further bidding. Thanks and Good Luck
*It has come to my ATTENTION, GOOGLE Chrome sometimes has the pictures get cutoff or has loading issues, there are 200 photos of exterior, interior, engine and underneath in the description. Please let me know if you have trouble viewing anything. If you are usinh Google Chrome please try to use another browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc) that seems to fix the inconsistent issue. I also have link to the photo album but due to ebay policy cannot include links in the ad please request and I can email the link to you.**ONLY BID WITH INTENTIONS TO PAY FOR AND OWN THIS CAR**
"Cannon" TV Intro - YouTube
Video will open in a new window
Using the eBay App? Paste link into a browser window:
TERMS OF SALE
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion or end the auction early if necessary
- Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
- Your bid constitutes a legally binding contact to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
- If you place a bid before the last 12 hour period of the auction, you may retract that bid before the last 12 hour period but only for exception circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 2 hour period of the auction.
- If you place a bid during the last 12 hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.
- INSPECTION: I have done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. I welcome a buyers inspections. If you plan to have a buyer's inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees, if any, are buyers responsibility.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representationsor warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- TITLE INFORMATION: If payment is made by cashier's or personal check we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility. I will make vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage.
- Licensed carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location. Any claimsor other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not with seller.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated time of arrive to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by email after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with seller through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicles or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bidon vehicle, successful bidder (buyer) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to seller a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500.00 via PayPal. Within 72 hours of bid closing, buyer must send balance of funds by bank wire transfer, cash in person, or bank certified funds to seller.
WE CAN HELP YOU GET THIS ONE OF A KIND VEHICLE SHIPPED TO JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR LESS THAN YOU THINK CLICK ON THE ARROW TO SEE THE SIMPLE PROCESS