1959 LANCIA APPIA CONVERTIBLE by Vignale, Solid Car for Restoration
- Make: Lancia
- Model: Appia Vignale Convertible
- Year: 1959
- Mileage: 47,569
- VIN: 812.01-4977
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1959 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertible1959 LANCIA APPIA VIGNALE CONVERTIBLESolid Restoration Project
In the 1950s the Lancia car company really came into their own, offering a diverse lineup of extremely high quality cars designed by Italy's top coachbuilders. Pininfarina, Zagato and Vignale bodies graced Lancias ranging from svelte racing coupes to "large" four door sedans with each car built to incredibly high standards. Often considered "over engineered", Lancia seemed to spare no expense anywhere-choosing brass and aluminum instead of steel andpot metal, usingridiculously beautiful fasteners, andupholsteringliterally every nook and cranny, even in the trunk. Their price reflected the quality and Lancias where not cheap.
The Lancia offered here is a 1959 Appia Convertible with a body by Vignale. Less than 1600 of these beautiful cars were produced between 1957 and 1962. This one is a restoration project that has been sitting since 1973. It shows a little over 47,000 miles on the clock (immaterial since the car needs a fullrestoration).
This is a solid car, however it is missing some things. There are no seats, door panels, radiator,air cleaner, grill, windshield or rear bumper. There are also some trim items missing like headlight rims and two hubcaps. Oddly, the rare original Vignale emblems and the side marker lights are all present. The front marker light bodies are there. Also included are most of the super cool original aluminum door handles, pulls and window cranks.
The body is straight with good panel fit in the doors, but has some floor rust from sitting outside for some years. There is surface rust, but none of it is serious. There is a bit ofbondo in the right side grill opening.This Lancia has spent it's entire life in California (Pasadena) and southern New Mexico, so it does not have any of the structural "road rust" common to less dry climates. It appears that the original color combination was white with red interior.
The car is on four tires that hold air and it rolls easily. The engine is free and turns over. No attempt has been made to start it. This is sold on a bill of sale, however a California title can be obtained within 3 -4 weeks. Please inquire if you must have a title for export.
If you're reading this ad, you probably know the value of these cars. Recent years' auction sales have consistently been over $50,000 for nice cars. This Lancia is not advertised anywhere else and this auction is the exclusive venue to purchase it.There is no reserve.
Please ask any and all questions and read the terms below before bidding.
Terms of This Sale:
1) By bidding in this auction, you declare that you have read the Terms of this Sale asoutlined below and agree to them.
2) If you are the winning high bidder in this auction, you are entering alegal and binding contractto purchase the vehicle, as outlined in the eBayUser Agreement. Since bid retractions upset the auction process, any bid retractions without my prior knowledge and approval will cause the auction to end immediately.
3) The vehicle may be viewed in person, by appointment in Costa Mesa, California, prior to the end of the auction.I am located 7 minutes from Orange County Airport (SNA), and 40 Minutes from LAX.Please email for an appointment. If you have any questions, please ask them BEFORE you bid.
4) Please, bid on this vehicle only if you are serious about owning it and have the funds available.Payment is due in full within 3 days of the end of the auction.
5) The vehicle is sold "as is, where is," with no warranty. Transportation is the responsibility of the new owner. I can recommend reliableprofessionaltransporters or shippers and will assist with loading.
6) After the auction has ended, the sale price is final. Thank you and good luck!