1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Summer Special 5-Speed Clean New Leather Carpet
Price: - Item location: Walker, Louisiana, United States
- Make: Ford
- Model: Mustang
- SubModel: Summer Special
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: LX 5.0 Convertible
- Year: 1992
- Mileage: 220000
- VIN: 1FACP44E7NF160943
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 302
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Oxford White and Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag, Passenger Airbag
- Options: Cruise, AC, Convertible, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible**Beautiful 1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible "Feature Car"/Summer Special/Triple White **
Only 800 produced with the 5 speed T-5 transmission
Very few examples left in this condition
Don't let the salvage title scare you away if you've been looking for this car. It's been 2 full years since the freshwater flood and this car has been driven on multiple road tripswithout issue. Can be a daily driver though I don't recommend as it's too nice for the parking lot. ;-)
Check Hagerty's for car value - $8k-$11k for clean title and this model has only appreciated over the last several years. Reserve is well below this range due to salvage title.
The pictures tell the cosmetic story. Here's the rest.
- Old 302's are bullet proof and this one is no exception.
- Rear main has slow drip
- Throw out bearing will need to be replaced within the next year
- Rear end housing has a slow leak
- All fluids were drained and reservoirsflushed after the flood
- New computer after flood
- New 1/4 window motors after flood
- New alternator and battery after flood
- AC compressor cycles but does not cool. Had line replaced by Ford dealer in 2014 and it cooled great until the following summer. Haven't had it diagnosed since then.
- Cable from climate control to operate blend door needs to be replaced as it is stuck on cool and dial will not turn
- Smog pump has been removed (I **think** I still have this and can send with car if it wasn't tossed after the flood)
- Very low pitched whine from the rear end. All 3 5.0's I've been associated with have had this same noise.
- Still runs like a champ and shifts out great. I've babied this car - the clutch has been dumped only once. Will still plant you in the seat when you put your foot into the accelerator.
- New flowmaster 70's
- New tires in 2015 that have tons of life left
- I was told that the original owner pulled this car all over the country behind his RV - on all fours without drive shaftdisconnect. The condition of the car mechanically and cosmetically when I bought it led me to believe this to be true and I still have no reason to doubt it. There were lines and marks in the original back seat leather where it appeared that boxes or totes were placed there time and again for storage/transport.
- Additional Monies I Have Spent On This Car
- New paint in 2015. All trim, bumper covers, seals, etc were removed
- Most body seals replaced in 2015 - If I have the remaining new seals from the kit, I will include.
- New body side molding in 2015
- All new emblems in 2015
- Functional cowl induction hood 2015
- New headlights 2015
- Cobra taillights2015
- Leather seats custom covered 2016 to original specs. All stitching and piping by hand
- All interior trim pieces removed, cleaned, primed and painted to factory specs 2015
- New door panels 2015
- New convertible top comes with car (not installed)
- New convertible boot in 2015
- New custom car cover with mirror pockets in 2016
- New carpet in 2016
- New trunkliner/mat 2016
- New kenwood speakers in back locations will stay with car. Will send originals if I still have them.
- New kenwood head unit will be removed and replaced with factory radio if I still have it. Otherwise, after-marketunit will stay in car.
- What was next on the list?
- Strip and paint wheels to factory specs
- Replace door armrests (these were removed, cleaned, primed and painted in 2015 but they are the only interior eyesore left)
- Install new convertible top (included)
- Fix center console ashtray door (functional but does not close flush)
- Trying a 2nd time to find new covers for convertible arms. Again, these were cleaned, primed and painted but they are not perfect. These are in short supply apparently.
This car is a head turner and gets compliments every timeI take it out. It is not however a show ready car. Fixing the things noted above along with a good engine bay detail would get you there. The paint has some imperfections in it but shows great as seen in the pictures. There are 3 very small chips (one on the backside of the cowl hood where the air enters, one on the plastic trim driver's side rear panel and one on the back bumper cover). The only imperfection in the body is the driver's rear panel where something in the trunk hit the panel from the inside and placed a very small ding with no paint loss (maybe it was like this before it was painted - can't remember). This ding is small enough that it looks like a ball point pen could have caused it and it's only visible in certain light at specific angles.
I've tried to be as transparent as possible with the condition of the car - understand that I would not hesitate to jump in the car tomorrow and drive it across the country. Please ask if you have any questions and I'll be glad to answer.
Buyer must arrange their own shipping or I can pick meet you at the international airport that is about 60 miles from me and you can drive the car home from there. I will work with your shipper in finding a suitable location to transfer the car to them.
$1,000 is due within 24 hours of auction end via Paypal. Remainder is due via certified check before I will release the car. I MUST have the check in my bank before I will release the car.
Car is for sale locally and I reserve the right to end the auction early for local sale.