1968 Dodge Charger 383 HP EZ EFI 727 Auto
Price: US $60,000.00 Item location: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Charger
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1968
- Mileage: 650
- VIN: XP29G8B116763
- Color: Orange
- Engine size: 383
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1968 Dodge ChargerJust in time for Christmas...
Up for grabs is a 1968 Dodge Charger. The car originally had a 2 barrel 383 with a column shift. It has since had the engine rebuilt with a 4 barrel EZ EFI and the shifter has been moved to the floor with a custom console. It has a custom dash and I do have the original parts should you want to put it back original. I have modernized the car with the help of Scotlea Hot Rods to ensure the work was done right. I have all of the receipts for the new owner so they can see exactly what all was done. It was quite extensive. This a brand new old car given how much has been replaced or refurbished to make the car mechanically sound. The engine has roughly 650 miles on it since the rebuild. I have put on the R/T emblems even though this is not a true R/T car as I had plans to put in a 3rd Gen Hemi. Obviously those can be switched back to the original emblems. The front R/T emblem on the grille is missing it must have fallen off on a drive. I'm currently looking for a replacement one.
The paint is roughly 15 years old but still looks really nice so it was done well. It was originally a maroon car with white seats. The previous owner painted it orange. I've swapped the interior over to black. I've updated the car with as much modern technology as my pocket book would allow. This is a really nice car with tons of work done to it. I'm ready to pass it along to the next person to let them make it their own.
The following parts/work has been completed. I'm sure I'm missing things here and there.
- Line the inner roof, floor, trunk with Dynamat Xtreme:
- Fix the cracks at the door openings for both driver and passenger sides.
- Paint the lower inside of the doors black to match the interior
- Installed new electric conversion for the hideaway lights (provided)- Installed headlight halogen conversion kit.
- Installed LED tail light kit.
- Installed LED front parking lights.
- R&R front windshield w/ new gasket, R&R rear windshield with new ribbon seal, install new door seals, roof rail seals, quarter window seals
- Installed GPS unit for the speedometer and link to the gauge.
- R&R rear leaf springs with polygraphite shackle bushings
- Installed front sway bar or potentially swap out the K-member with a new one.
- Installed disc brakes (12" front w/6 piston calipers, 11" rear with 4 piston calipers)
- Installed door panels (owner provided)
- Installed headliner (owner provided)
- Replaced missing front and rear glass trim clips
- Added passenger door mirror
- Replaced all side glass (6 pieces) and tint.
- Fixed fuel gauge
- Fixed inside mirror
- Added remote hood release
- Fixed wiper controls, washer controls
- Readjusted shifter
- Added front spoiler
- Inspected and repair wiring systems
- Extended exhaust to rear, add exhaust tips, electric cutouts
- Added power stereo antenna
- Replaced windshield washer bottle and wire switch
- Wrapped dash and radio bezel in carbon fiber
- Added 2 power outlets in console
- Added Iphone charging/connector in console
- Replaced stereo with custom setup powering 4-10" subs, second battery in trunk
- Installed rear backup camera to display on double-din head unit.- All interior replaced 100%- Vintage Air system installed- Painted tail panel and grille black.- Rebuilt engine and added fuel injection (EZ EFI)- Replaced torque converter with stall converter.- Rebuilt transmission- Installed POSI rear end- Replaced fuel tank and fuel lines- Replaced upper control arms- New Cyclone III 15" wheels and tires- Upgraded alternator- Aluminum radiator and fans
- The tint on the driver's side door has a spot that is coming up.- The back window tint looks like it may be spotting.
- There are a couple cracks by the back window.- Push button ignition start/stop module from Watson's StreetWorks stopped working. This also affects the actuators for the electric door locks sensors when you walk up to the car to automatically lock/unlock the doors. I have the original key ignition hidden and am using it at the moment to start the car.
While I didn't do the mechanical work on the car I am pretty familiar with it. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do what I can to get those answered. Here's a link to a video to hear the car running. https://youtu.be/0nbx6LFUkbo
I encourage you to inspect the car before purchasing. While I have done what I can to make the car as solid and reliable as possible it is a 50-year old car. It is garage kept. Car will be released once the funds clear my bank. Open to all buyers. I have the car listed locally as well so I reserve the right to end the auction early.
This is my dream car and now I've lived the dream. With Christmas around the corner, who's dream can you make a reality?