1960 Willys Utility Wagon
Price: - Item location: Cedaredge, Colorado, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Willys
- Model: Utility Wagon
- Type: Wagon
- Year: 1960
- Mileage: 10,192
- VIN: 5416844555
- Color: Black
- Engine size: Ford 289
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black/Silver
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1960 Willys Utility WagonThis has been an on-going project for 25 years. I drive it very little now so it seems like the right time to sell. It's an awesome 4-wheel drive vehicle and it's great off-road too.
All the design, fabrication, welding, and installation was done by me, including the body and paint. The body was assembled from the best parts of 6-8 wagons of various years. Newly stamped rear quarter panels were welded in place. Most of the chrome was straightened and re-chromed by Denver Bumper. All the Stainless Steel was buffed to look like new again. It has all the very cool detail stuff that make it uniquely a Willys Utility Wagon. Look at the extra cool "W" emblem on the nose piece.
• Engine is a professionally built Ford 289 with all new components. It was bored, balanced, heads polished and ported, mild cam, HEI, Edelbrock. Runs strong and flawlessly.
• Transmission is a professionally built Ford C-6 heavy duty automatic with special adapters to work with the Willys transfer case (Advance Adapters). ATF cooler and filter was also installed for added protection.
• Transfer Case is a Willys Model #18/20 rebuilt with upgrades (Advance Adapters).
• Overdrive is an original Warn Overdrive, not an aftermarket unit.
• Axles are from a 1972 International Scout w/3.73 gears. Disc brakes in front and has the same Willys bolt pattern. Dana 30 front, Dana 44 rear, extra nice fit & operation and are 10X stronger than the Willys. New Rancho springs, shocks, bushings, and brake lines were added at the same time.
• Other details: power steering, power brakes, Warn front lock-out hubs, new gas tank, custom drive shafts, custom exhaust with headers and Magna Flow mufflers, new gauges and tach, alloy wheels with 33" BFG tires, custom wipers, 2-speed heater, billet steering wheel, etc., etc.
• Of Special Note: The rear fender flares were originally for a Toyota Land Cruiser. I shortened the front and re-shaped the opening to appear stock. ALL the body seams were welded and finished to eliminated seam rust. All inside door and rear body panels are 1/8" aluminum (No masonite warpage to deal with). A new speedometer was installed at the time it was drivable, so the mileage shown is the actual mileage. A three-stage purple was used for all the garnish molding and other panels. Last but not least . . . the same key fits both doors AND the back hatch.
It's a driver but there's very little indication that it's been driven 10,000+ miles, some of it off-road. It's still a beauty and drives down the road like a new Willys. It needs carpet and a headliner to be complete. I have a set of the original oak runners for the inside that can go with it.
The photos are way out of sequence but you can get the idea. Please contact me with questions. Thank you.