1958 Volkswagen VW Safari Beetle Sliding Sunroof Body-off-pan restored Type 1
Price: US $15,900.00 Item location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Trim: rag top
- Year: 1958
- Mileage: 1100000
- VIN: 10000000000000
- Engine size: 4 cylinder
- Drive type: RWD
- Vehicle Title: Clean Want to buy? Contact seller!
1958 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic rag top1958 "SAFARI" VW Ragtop BeetlePLEASE READ ALL THE WAY DOWN!!!! QUESTIONS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED IF INFO IS IN THIS DESCRIPTION . THIS IS A "CUSTOM" 1958 VW.
- 1958 sliding factory sunroof beetle, body-off restored custom!
- New interior, seats, door panels, new steering wheel, bamboo package tray,drink holder, all rubber floor-new carpet sides, Bluetooth stereo built into plastic glove box liner, speedometer works, new vinyl sunroof, no headliner but will include one new in box if you hit buy it now(I did not want one, always wrinkled installations around here-fine without it)
- 1958 titled body on a 1967 pan(1958 VW Fla. title) with 4" narrowed ball joint front end swing axle rear.
- Very unique Wolfgang customs "Safari" OPENING windshield!
- Pop-out side windows, one piece front side window conversion, new rubber seals all around(most German)
- Very nice Gloss black Powder Coated "Wide Five" wheels (thin 4 to 5 lug adapters)
- Rebuilt Late 1600CC all stock Dual port engine(for reliability), starts and runs great!! 12 volt, No gas gauge in 58 Vdubs, reserve switch on fire wall(reserve valve drips a little only if you turn it so I leave it and easily check visibly in wide mouth fill)new turbo exhaust headers.
- ALL NEW wiring harness!, all lights work, horn works(button under dash),brand new battery, new starter
- Good swing axle trans. shifts smooth, doesn't pop out, new clutch, starter,alternator
- Full length premium floor pan(both) replacement,-body was lifted off, new body gaskets, new outer and inner front aprons, no rust in spare tire area! new rear apron(removable for quick engine removal), 100% rust free doors, only a few small welded metal repairs in front inner fenders, heater channels are solid, has heater boxes, I only connect them in winter.
- VERY LOW STANCE! lowered the right way, 4"Narrowed adjustable front end, tight steering- recent front end alignment (no tire scrubbing, adjusters, drop spindles, lowered ball joints, new lowered shocks, swing axle rear end-torsion bars turned a few clicks)All NEW brake components(drum brakes front and rear)New dual master cylinder, hoses, hard lines.
- Newer shiny jet black paint (painted 4 years ago)waxes and shows well! I drive this car often to shows and to the store, sopaint has a few very minor scuffs and small chips, scratches and a few very small dings. New trim, newer chrome bumpers and guards.
- Remote interior hood pull latch works well.
- Roof rack is reproduction, nice but has a little surface rust starting(COCA-COLA COOLER NOT INCLUDED)Fog light not installed in some pics but it is currently on car and included, not hooked up.
- PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION OR $$ TO BUY, WINNING BIDDER PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP OR I WILL CANCEL BID, CAR DOES NOT LEAVE ME UNTIL ALL FUNDS TOTALLY CLEAR, WILL STORE AND HELP SHIPPER IF ARRANGEMENTS ARE MADE, I have sold to overseas buyers numerous times- I have 100% positive feedback on sold cars and items on Ebay, THANKS FOR LOOKING!