Volkswagen Classic Buggy
Price: US $7,459.00 Item location: Akron, Ohio, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Beetle - Classic
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Buggy
- Year: 1967
- Mileage: 10088
- VIN: Xj17665
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 4 cylinder
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1967 Volkswagen Beetle - Classic Buggygot this beautufully restored cherry red Volkswagen buggy in 2012 to take the kids for ice cream and to the pool in the summer.
It has been treated with kid gloves. Always stored in a garage and starts right up every time. Everything is in top notch shape and works flawlessly. If you want a car that is great to take on a date in the summer or take the kids to the park this is perfect. I am 6 foot 3 inches tall and fit in this thing with a lot of leg room as engine is in rear and the front end is all open.
I have 4 kids I would put across the bench seat with seat belts and the wife up front with me. We have made great memories in this beauty.
All you have to do is add gas.
Here are some of the details:
-1967 frame and engine with a buggy kit installed in 2012
- a mechanic took it all the way down to the frame. Sand blasted it and then repainted and coated the underside
- new carpet put in
- chrome gages with red back light
- 1600 cc bored out to 2000cc so it is fast off the line
- engine work was done for $2000 from LA products in Fairlawn
- dual 44 Weber carburetor
- at the time of the rebuild the engine had 9,782 miles on it. A new speedometer was added and when I got it there was 91 miles on it, current mileage is 1106. So total miles is 9782+1106 or 10,888 miles
- 4 cylinder standard 1,2,3,4 gear in h shape with a pull up reverse
- chrome steering wheel, emergency handle, and turn signal handle
- horn is special, the noise sounds like Kirby
- tires have 90 % of the tread and shiny cragar rims
- engine has been chromed out
- classic headlights and tail lights. Work great
- frame is rust free
- paint job is a 9 out of 10. No cracks in the fiberglass frame and so no rust
- the front seats have special racing seats and seat belts
Each spring I would take the vehicle to Fischer's foreign cars in Cuyahoga falls where all maintenance was done. In the pics you see the receipt for the last time up just last week. They do a great job and can confirm that this vehicle is in pristine condition.
Nothing needs done to this vehicle. You just need to turn the key.
Title is in hand and ready for purchase. I am not interested in any trades. I just want to sell it.
Thank you for your interest. Text me and I will respond immediately.