1964 VW BUS WESTFALIA CAMPER INTERIOR
- Make: Volkswagen
- Model: Bus/Vanagon
- Year: 1964
- Mileage: 9100
- VIN: 1201524
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 1600
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1964 Volkswagen Bus/Vanagon
1964 VW BUS WESTFALIA CAMPER INTERIOR
PAINTED IN ORIGINAL COLOR DOVE BLUE.
ORIGINAL ROOF RACK.
This is a VERY BEAUTIFUL and VERY ORIGINAL VW CAMPER KOMBI Bus manufactured in Germany.I purchased this bus as a project in late 2016. It took me three years to find all original parts, manage restoration work and to bring this beauty back to its glory.Finest materials were used. See all the details in the photos.It also hasa lot of hard to find and rare original featuressuch as the original curtains (mustard yellow and brown), all original bumpers, the original roof rack and theWestfalia camper interior. Currently registered and AllDMV fees paidtill Dec 2019. It's an Original California Car. I kept it stored in my garage in between all restoration work. I put a lot of time and way too much money into this project that I was planning to keep for myself. I need the money and I am willing to pass this dreamcar on.
Please see all photos and the video for details(Link to video on third photo).
In the following description I am trying to list most of the countless hours of work invested and countless new parts that were installed. I am trying to describe the vehicle as good and detailed as I can. This is a vintage vehicle "Sold AS IS".
Typ 2 (T1) Mod. 231: Kombi, Cargo doors right. Production Date: Nov. 15th, 1963, Model-year: 1964, Destination: San Francisco, USA. Paint color: L31 Dove Blue. See photos of plates and title on last photo.
- Painted inDove blue (L31).The paint job was done well. It looks very original (not too glossy).
- Rims, roof rack, emblems and bumperspainted in original beige color.
- Original VW emblemwas purchased and installed. It is the real original emblem. These are expensive ($250) and hard to find.
- Chrome mirrorsinstalled.
- Newwindshield wiper armsand blades installed (After the video and photos were taken).
- Newwindow sealsand other water strips installed (All of them). This bus has countless of small vent window and rubbers...
- TheBumpersconsist of many parts. I took me a long time to find every single piece. Some of the pieces were restored, some of them were bought brand new. When they were complete I had spent around $1800 on the bumpers alone.
-Beautiful original large roof racknicely restored and painted. It is very solid. I did not try but you could probably stand on it or store heavy stuff when you are travelling.
The interior of the bus isvery nicely restored by a professional upholstererusinghigh quality materials(Please see detailed photos). Everything looks almost exactly as back in the days. Maybe better...
Some of the original Westfalia camper parts were in the bus. I collected all other parts over time. The upholsterer refurbished some of the cabinets and completely builtwhat was not worth restoring. The beautiful veneer for all cabinets was purchased at Frost Hardwood Lumber Co. in San Diego. The color is called amber pearwood.
- Carpet:A black carpet was used in front and center of this bus.
- Panels:All panels are very nicely custom built in wood using the original measurements. All panels were varnished so that they can last for a long time.
- Headliner: The headliner was done in wood. It is really hard to make and install the headliner right...
- Original Closet cabinetcompletely custom builtusing original measurements and quality materials. Original handles, knobs and cabinet edging trim were purchased from Wolfsburg West and Busdepot. Both doors are functioning well.
- Original Closet cabinet above bedcompletely custom builtusing original measurements and quality materials.
-Cabinet with ice boxrefurbished, original handles from Wolfsburg West used. This cabinetwas adjusted to match the westy look.
-Tablerefurbished. It goes up and down nicely and is 100% functional. It's kept original.
-Camper bench seatwood was completely custom builtusing original measurements and quality materials.
-Z-Bed was completely custom builtusing original measurements and quality materials. Z Bed is fully functionally and folds down to a good sized bed.
- Small drivers side trunk closetwas completely custom builtusing original measurements and quality materials.
- Cushionsof the seats, bench and the trunk cushions were made by a professional upholsterer using high quality materials.The color almost perfectly matches the original mustard yellowish upholstery color.
-Camper windowsare fully functional and open and close nicely. Only one knob is missing but I am looking for it.
- Theoriginal Westfalia camper curtainsin brown and mustard yellow are really hard to find. I found a person in Canada who was able to provide the original fabric and knobs.
- Engineruns nicely andtransmissionshifts smoothly.
- 1600dual portstrong enough to get you and your family up a steep hill.
-Enginewas completely rebuilt in 2017. Engine waspartitiallypainted to match the color of the exterior.
-Nice new chrome parts installed.
New nicechrome mufflerinstalled.
- Brakes work well. They were serviced and many parts were replaced with new parts.
-New gaskets, light bulbs for lights...
-New windshield wiperengine installed.
- Lights, blinkers, windshield wipers everything works!
- Horn needs to be installed.
- Alllockswere redone by a professional locksmith (After video and photos were taken). One set of keys work for the ignition and all locks. I purchased quality locks at Vee Parts in San Diego ($350 for parts alone). It comes with a beautiful brand new VWkey chain(see on photos) in blue and beige matching the colors of the bus.
Facts about this car
No matter if you are a collector or if you simply want to drive the possible coolest and most loved car ever made, this is your rare chance to own a Split window camper bus. You won't be able to drive or just be near this bus without receiving love, positive vibes and more thumbs up than you can count in one day. If you don't like all the attention then storing this car at a safe place is probably one of the best investments you can do with your money. There are not many Split window Westfalia's around and the value only goes up.
It took uncountable hours to find all the parts and to manage all the work. It is close to where I wanted it to be. However, this is avintage vehicle.Please be aware that all pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage or manufacturer aresubject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure.
I encourage the buyer to have apersonalinspectioncompletedprior to buyingto help ensure the satisfaction. Third party inspections are to take place prior to a buying on this vehicle.
Vehicle issold "AS IS"and with no warranties expressed or implied. I assume no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any statements about this vehicle.Serious buyers only. Do not contact me if you are not seriously interested and funded to buy this car.By bidding you agree to these terms, get your spouse'spermissionbefore you bid.
1. Per the Ebay User Agreement, by placing a bid you are entering into a legal contract and are committed to purchasing the vehicle described above. The details of this commitmen in the Ebay User Agreement, all non-paying Ebay members are reported to consolidated recovery system. A Collection agency and will appear on your credit report.2. Vehicle may be sold prior to the end of the auction. I reserve the right to end its auctions early or to cancel bids solely at its direction and shall not be held liable for any such3. The winning bidder is required to contact me within 24 hours after the close of the auction to finalize the details of the transaction4. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit is required within one business day (24) hours of the auction's close. The deposit reserves the vehicle and removes it from the market.5. If winning bidder does not contact me within 24 hours and doesn't submit deposit within one business day or 24 hours of auction close, vehicle may be available to the next highes qualified buyer on a first come, first serve basis.6. I have represented this vehicle to the best of its ability. Prospective bidders are encouraged to contact me directly to provide additional information or answer any questions.7. Please be aware that all pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage or manufacturer are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure. I encourage bidder to have a inspection completed prior to bidding to help ensure your satisfaction. Third party inspections are to take place prior to a bidding on vehicles.8. Vehicle is sold "AS IS" and with no warranties expressed or implied.9. Final of winning bid price does not include shipping, tag, title, or registration fees. It is the purchaser's responsibility to provide for any state or local taxes and shipping expenses10. I can assist you in getting the vehicle to the transport truck driver of your choice in San Diego. I assume no responsibility for damages or delays incurred once a vehicle is shipped.11. I bear no liability and shall be held harmless for any complications, expenses, or damages resulting from a failure to meet these terms as they have been set forth and established.12. This auction process is a legally binding contract into which you enter when you click "confirm" on your bid. Please have financesapprovalin order before you decide to bid and please as you decide to bid. Basically, please only bid if you are ready to purchase this car. Car is sold as-is with no warranties express or implied. License plate is not included. Any disputes this vehicle shall be resolved through binding arbitration exclusively in San Diego county, under applicable state laws.