1961 AMC (Nash) Metropolitan
Price: - Item location: Portsmouth, Ohio, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Nash
- Model: Metropolitan
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 999,999,999
- VIN: E81678
- Color: Gold (Caramel) and Light Yellow
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Gold and Green
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 Nash Metropolitan
- 1961 AMC (Nash) Metropolitan with 3-on-the-tree. Original motor.
- Odometer says 31,000 miles, but I can't certify if that is actual. It could be 131,000.
- Runs OK, but needs brake master cylinder installed. (A brand new one comes with the car). Shifts OK, but once in a while you have to hold the shift lever in the reverse position while backing up (might be that something in the column needs tightening).
- Body is solid, no real rust issues. Light yellow paint on bottom is starting to crack in places.
- An honest "20-footer".
- Interior is good except for a little tear in headliner (see photo). Carpet is OK, but shows a little wear in places.
- Underside has undercoating that was applied about 8 years ago.
- Chrome on bumpers is good (not show-quality). Stainless trim could use a polishing/buffing.
- Has a new windshield (I had it put in about 6 years ago).
- Car had been restored (restified?) sometime in the 1990s, but that work now needs revisiting. At the time of restification, seat belts (lap belts) were put in.
- Has been garage-kept.
- My wife and I have owned the car for about 11 years, but have no time to do it justice now, nor do we have time for cruise-ins like we used to.
- VIN (Chassis Serial Number: E81678
- Body # 82782
- Model # 562
- Trim # T971
- Paint # P914-P915
Car will have to be trailered.
Buyer is responsible for pick-up/shipping.Deposit of US $400.00 within 48hours of auction close. Deposit using cashier's check should be sent via Fed-Ex or UPS with tracking and insurance.
NO PAY PAL
Full payment is required within7days of auction close. Cash or Cashiers Check.