1980 MGB, wire wheels, 5th speed overdrive, excellent condition, reduced reserve
Price: - Item location: Annandale, New Jersey, United States
- Make: MG
- Model: MGB
- Type: Convertible
- Year: 1980
- Mileage: 59,300
- VIN: GVVDJ2AG515456
- Color: Yellow
- Engine size: 1.8
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: 5 speed
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Black
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: CD Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1980 MG MGB
- 1980 MGB, wire wheels, 5th speed overdrive, excellent condition.
- Exterior: Professional cosmetic restoration completed in 1998. Stripped to bare metal, necessary body work completed, all body panels aligned, carefully prepped, and resprayed in a very attractive yellowat a cost exceeding $ 5,000. Continually maintained since. Just 2 small paint nicks on the entire car. All bright work in excellent condition with no pitting or discoloration at all. Convertible soft top in good condition but worn, no tears or rips.Plastic windows are somewhat clouded. Windows and windshield glass are perfect. Original wire wheels have been refurbished and are excellent, adding greatly to the cars appearance. New tires mounted and balanced.
- Interior: Seats and door panels excellent. Fascia has a small crack which has been repaired and hardly noticeable. Carpeting is worn but serviceable. MGB floor mats are good. Everything works, lights, horns, signals, heater and fans, even the clock. Has a Fujitsu AM/FM radio with CD player provide excellent sound.
- Mechanicals: Engine starts easily and runs smoothlywith excellent oil pressure (65 when warm). New master brake cylinder installed. Steering,clutch, and brakes, are fine. Suspension systemis excellent, she drives straight and true with no wandering or pulling. A joy to drive!
- Overall, this MG is in excellent condition having been serviced regularly and pampered thoughout it's life. A really nice example of the breed.
- I am the 4th owner. 2nd owner lived in Florida and had car for 20 years. 2nd owner performed the restoration in 1998.
- The usual caveats: She is being offered with no warranty. Wining bidder must submit a $1500 deposit through Paypal within 48 hours of auction's ending with balance payable within 10 days. I have clear title to the car which will be transferred to the buyer after full payment is received. If shipping is required, buyer must arrange but I will be happy to assist.