**No Reserve** Low Mile Survivor 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis
Price: - Item location: Austin, Texas, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mercury
- Model: Grand Marquis
- Type: Sedan
- Trim: GS
- Year: 1987
- Mileage: 98,573
- VIN: 2MEBM74F0HX697265
- Color: Tan
- Engine size: 5.0L 302 c.i.d.
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Brown
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Cassette Player
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1987 Mercury Grand Marquis GSNo trades. Serious Inquiries Only. If ad is still up, car is still for saleListed locally, I reserve the right to end listing at any time.Thank you!
Excellent 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with 98,573 miles (and counting, I still drive it daily) and a strong well running engine. This car is by far one of the strongest cars I've ever owned. The 5.0L engine is nothing short of it's legend for strength, reliability, and ease of service. The Marquis is very reliable and has made the I-35 trip with ease. This car is perfect for someone who is wanting a reliable, dependable, and enjoyable ride.
I have spent over $1,600 in parts to get it to a dependable state. **See list of parts at end of ad** I've also done all the maintenance on the car to the point where you won't need to do anything to it for at least another year. Only thing you'd need to do is replace the fuel sender float (part included) and get an alignment ($80 at Firestone).
This car is a great workhorse sedan, daily driver, and family car. It will get you from point A to point B no problem and will make sure you are comfortable.
- The paint **still** shines 30 years later. It's not perfect by any means but still looks great.
- All lights work and are in good shape. All 4 NEW headlights. Even the glovebox and ashtray lights work!!
- The tires are in good condition.
- Spare donut has never been used
- The trunk has some rust (not on the body, only on the trunk itself) and there's it's fair share of dents and scratches.
- All the glass is good and cleans up real nice
- The interior still cleans up very nicely.
- The seats are **extremely** comfortable and still retain their shape.
- However, the seats are sun stained (as shown in pictures).
- A/C works well.
- The heat works well and will make you sweat with athletic clothes. Perfect for the coming winter months.
- Power mirrors
- Power windows
- Power Locks
- NEW Cruise Control switches but it still unfortunately does not work.
Engine & Mechanical:
- The truck has the dependable Ford 302 5.0L V8
- It has the AOD 4-Speed Automatic transmission
- All maintenance has been done to ensure this car can go for another year without any maintenance work needed.
- Belts were checked in July and passed
- It is a very strong running V8 and I would not hesitate driving from the east to west coast.
New Parts Include (all receipts included for the $1,600 in parts):
- Exhaust manifolds x2
- Catalytic converters
- Motorcraft Copper Spark Plugs
- Spark wires
- Distributor & Rotor
- Cluster light bulbs
- Extra Loud Flasher Relay
- Castrol Automatic Transmission Fluid & Filter
- COMPLETLEY REDONE BRAKES -- Drums, Rotors, Pads, Calipers, Shoes, Springs, Hoses
- Rear axle shaft seals
- Real axle wheel bearings
- Castrol Differential fluid flush & refill
- Front wheel bearings
- Brake Fluid
- Topped off Power Steering Fluid
- Battery Cables
- New EGR
- Cleaned Idle Air Controler
- Engine Vacuum Lines
- Vacuum operated Parking Brake Switch
- Front Door Seals (quite ride, no wind noise now!)
- Air Filter
- PCV Valve (smooooth idle now)
- Headlights & Highbeams
- Relayed headlights so they're brighter than some newer cars now!
- Voltage Regulator
- New Original Cruise Control Switches
- Fuel Sender Float (yet to be replaced)
- Starter Solenoid
Related: Ford, Crown Victoria, Crown Vic, Merc, Marquis, Lincoln Town Car, Lincoln