1985 Mercedes-Benz 300 Series 300TD SUNROOF TURBO DIESEL
Price: US $7,298.00 Item location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: 300-Series
- SubModel: 300TD
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: W123
- Year: 1985
- Mileage: 238000
- VIN: WDBAB93C3FF040893
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: Diesel 5 Cylinder Engine 3.0L/183
- Number of cylinders: 5
- Power options: antenna, Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Diesel
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Options: original roof rack, Cassette Player, Sunroof
- Vehicle Title: Salvage Want to buy? Contact seller!
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300-Series W1231985 MERCEDES BENZ 300TD Dieselstationwagon: large, roomy interior and original roof rack. Last year of the legendary W123 Wagon powered by one of the best Mercedes engines ever built - OM617 3.0L Turbo diesel which produces 125HP and plenty of torque-- known to last up to and sometimes exceeding 1/2 million miles with propermaintenance. The 1985 is the only year that featured a longer final drive for more relaxed cruising and the updated transmission: they changed the geardifferentialso that the engine runs atlowerengine speeds, saving fuel and making it a quieter ride. Classic, elegant styling, in excellentcondition with new paint, original interior and exterior features.
Original working equipment:
- Becker radio/tape deck with operational power antenna;
- manual sun roof
- rearhydraulic suspension that supports (raises) itself with excess weight
- roof rack
- low milage onoriginal workingodometer: 238k miles
- heat, a/c
- cruise control
- removed dents, dings with $3k all-body paint (not by Ma##o), down to metal, using original color and additional clear coat;
- replacedmotor mounts;
- complete front-end replacement, wheels aligned
- replacedtransmission mount;
- replaced 2 front axle bearings
- both rear axles;
- new radiator;
- 4 new all season tires (4 months ago);
- newemergency brake pads
- replaced rear suspension canister
- replacedmanifold to mufler connection
- new brakes
- rust removal
- replaced EGRvalve
- replacedmono valve (heater and a/c control)
- Both fuel filters getreplacedwiththe oil filter every 3k miles. Biodiesel fuel is used whenever possible (biofuels have morelubricity andmaintain compression longer).
- Compression is excellent: for detailed description of compression tests (available) please contactseller.
- The rear self-leveling suspension works as it should.
- Starts on the first turn of the key even in the coldest mornings.
- The vacuum poweredequipment, door locks, etc. work well.
- Interior: dash, seat coverings are in perfectcondition, with nocracks; no seats sag;
- undercarriage is clean with no rust or dents. No rust in or around jack holes.
- full spare tire with alloriginal tools andoriginal Mercedes Emergency Kit
The title says "Salvage, Rebuilt": this came from a multi car accident in which I was the 5th of 6 cars that were rear-ended. The last 5 of us were all going no faster than 10 miles an hour (we were all slowing down to a stop), each hitting the next one in front of it. The damage on my car was minimal: rear trunk panel was bent (now repaired), engine shifted forward (now repaired), and minor frame bending in its crumple zone (now 100% repaired). After all repairs were completed to Mercedesspecifications, the car wasprofessionally painted.
See all photos. If you require more photos of details,pleasecontact me and I will send them immediately.
Previous buyer cancelled due to a change of mind on the model/year so I amrelisting the car for slightlylower than the price for which it sold the first time, and for a shorter time. All serious offers considered.