RARE COLLECTIBLE 1983 MERCEDES BENZ 380SL ROADSTER! TWO TOPS 152,200 MILES!
- Make: Mercedes-Benz
- Model: SL-Class
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: 380SL
- Year: 1983
- Mileage: 152,200
- VIN: wdbba45a6db023421
- Color: GOLD
- Engine size: 3.8 LITER V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: REAR WHEEL DRIVE
- Interior color: CHOCOLATE BROWN
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1983 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 380SL
Offered for an appreciating new owner at NO RESERVEis this collectible classic 1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL roadster!
Finished in gold metallic over dark brown and black, this 35 year-old classic Benz has been driven just over 152,000 Carfax-certified miles on its working six-digit odometer. It sports a very good running 3.8 liter V8 engine mated to the factory 4 speed automatic transmission, both the factory hard top and a virtually new possibly original soft top, cd stereo, electric windows upgraged alloy wheels with good rubber, Recaro seats and Nardi wood steering wheel., this 99.99% rust-free classic E24-chassis "shark" shows just over 140,700 miles on its currently non-working odometer. It sports a great running 209 horsepower high compression 3.5 liter inline six cylinder engine mated to the factory 4 speed automatic transmission with sport and winter modes, 16" BMW wheels with good rubber, electric sunroof and windows, cruise control, original am/fm/cassette stereo, electric leather seats, fog lamps and factory tool kit.It is being sold with clean and clear California title and current 2018 registration, two factory keys. Offered here at NO RESERVE, for about the price of the sales tax alone on a new base model C class, this is a great value here on ebay
THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this classic Benz is in good/presentable99.99% rust-freedriver-quality condition overall.MinorImperfections include clearcoat failure on the hood,along with various minor nicks, scratches and other light blemishes.
As I hope is articulated in the photos, the interior of this 1983 Benz is in good condition overall with all lights and gauges working as they should, There are a few heat cracks on the dash, the radio is currently powering up but making no sound and there is a missing under dash panel along with basic wear and tear.Overall this is still one very handsome and comfortable German cockpit!
THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 380sl starts easily with good running fuel-injected V8 engine, tight steering and solid suspension. The brakes are decent though exhibiting some rotor pulsating. 35 years later, this is still one solid German cruiser with strong acceleration and great to drive on a sunny afternoon.
THE DETAILS AND $$$$
1. This 1983 Benzis being sold with clear and clean California title and just passed stringent California smog testing. It will be sold "AS IS", "WHERE IS" with no written or verbal warranties expressed or implied. Iinvite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2.Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and I reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. I will assist with shipping arrangements[buyer pays costs]. Irecommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder pleasecall 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. A $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due viaCASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within5 days of auction close thank you.
AND.....,,,,.PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO PHONE ME, EVAN AT 650-350-8828 TO REQUEST ADDITIONAL PHOTOS, TEST DRIVE VIDEO OR TO SCHEDULE IN-PERSON VIEWINGS AND/OR MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS.