1993 Mazda Miata, Restored, Modified, Mechanical Tuned, CPU Tuned, Super Fast
- Condition: Used
- Make: Mazda
- Model: MX-5 Miata
- SubModel: n/a
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: Base
- Year: 1993
- Mileage: 156,000
- VIN: JM1NA3519P1422018
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: 1.6L
- Number of cylinders: 4
- Power options: Power Locks, Power Windows
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Safety options: Driver Airbag
- Options: Cassette Player, CD Player, Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1993 Mazda MX-5 Miata Base
<Please note that the Bidder who has feedback less than 10 and 90% positive feedback, should not place bid for this auction. I will have right to reject those bidders.>You are bidding on specially restored and modified 1993 Mazda Miata
I upload photos of this Miata to Google Site. You can see all photos in the following link.https://sites.google.com/view/93miata/%E3%83%9B%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0
This is one of kind Miata in the world that was restored and tuned. Please read the following and let me know if you have any questions. Due to I am not original person who did restoration and modification, I might Not have correct answers, but I can try ask original owner (who is my friend in Japan).
Former owner purchased this Miata at several years ago as base car of his project.
He wanted to have latest model of Miata of Phase 1 (1989 - 1993) with 1.6 liter engine. That is why he choose 93 Miata. (Miata received minor change that having 1.8L engine and reinforced chassis.)
Original Mileage was approx. 130000 miles. Now, it is 156000
After he purchased this Miata, what he did....
[note: You will find the words of "NA" and "NB" a lots. "NA" means first generation's Miata with retractable head light (1989-1997), "NB" means second generation's Miata (1998-2005). NA & NB are sharing basic component such as chassis, suspension system, etc... Also, you can refer wikipedia to find the details.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_MX-5]
- Took off all parts (absolutely ALL parts including engine, suspension, interior, everything!!) from chassis.
- Removed all original paint (that was black) to make WHITE Body. (= Body that has no paint.)- Repaired driver's side rear fender where had dent.- Replaced bot of front fenders to new OEM fenders.- He reinforced chassis by using NB Miata Parts. (by Welding, Bonding)
- Painted all body and parts (all of in & out) by using Metallic blue (this blue color comes from BMW M3). At that time He replaced OLD Front & Rear Bumpers with Real "Racing Beat" Bumpers.
- Soft Top was replaced to NB type Tan Color with Glass rear window.- Replaced all new suspension bushes, new weather strip, new shock absorber, new coil, everything.- He checked compression of all cylinders and found Compression were OK. So, hedecided to Not to open head and/or cylinders at this point.- Replaced all belts, fluid, brake pad
He wanted to "RESET" car as new. So, he replaced parts with all normal parts of NA Miata
After he enjoyed rides of original driving feel of NA Miata, he decided to start his next modification to put more power and to have smooth & faster cornering.
What he did were as modification....
- Took off Engine Head and brought it to Shop to get shave off 1mm of bottom surface of head. This makes compression ratio from 9.4 to approx. 10.2. (I do not know what I should say in English, Japanese says "MEN-KEN" for this modify.)- Polished inside of intake & exhaust port in engine head as mirror to have smooth air flow.- Removed Engine Cam Cover and then polished and painted RED "Wrinkle texture paint".
- He asked Private Tuner / Programmer in Japan (who provided special programming to selected users as privater) to have special ECU (ROM). Tuner sent special ROM to let former owner test it and send it back to Japan to adjust ROM several times.He did not check total horse power of this car. But his guess was it might be over 150HP when Racing Beat muffler is equipped.(Caution: No Rev Limit is being set! If you over rev, engine will blow up! and no inspection will be passed with Tuned ROM, so car comes with OEM ROM that can pass inspection in NJ.)
- Header (Exhaust Manifold) was replaced with OBX header. (Actually he wanted have Japanese Tuner's header, but product was designed to fit right handle drive. So, he gave up and choose OBX that is copy of Racing Beat one.)- Muffler is Racing Beat's Single Outlet. But due to his wife complain that sound was too loud. He switched it to normal one. (Racing Beat Muffler comes with this car.)- Replaced differential with Tor-sen Limited Slip Differential. Original Ratio was 4.3, but he dis-assemble differential and make it to 4.1 by changing gears inside. (to get more acceleration)- Pulled off original transmission and brought & put 6-speed transmission from Japan which was in NB Miata.- Replaced upper mount with Mazdaspeed' one.- Replaced Front & Rear Stabilizer with NB's one.- Replaced all suspension arm with NB Miata's arms- Replaced all Bushes again with Mazdaspeed's bushes.- Replaced coils and shock absorber with Eibach Coil Spring & KONI adjustable coil-over Shock.- Replaced with NB's Brake Calipers for Front & Rear- Replace Disc Brake Rotors with DBA Drilled & Slotted Rotors (Front & Rear)- New NB Brake Pads- Replaced with NB's Brake Master Cylinder & P Bulb- Trunk Key was eliminated. (use opener to open trunk)- Auto Lock and Security System is equipped. (in working condition. But, it is very sensitive. So, not recommended to use in louder place.)- Converted Head Lights to 4x HID Lights.
- Replaced Wheels & Tire (Chaparral S15, 15x7J &Dunlop Direzza DZ101 195/50R-15)- Put JDM sticker of "Jinba-Ittai" (http://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/who-is-mazda/jinba-ittai/) on front fenders.- This will be most surprised point that is what he did in interiors. He removed all NA's interior including seats, dash board, console, seats, door panels, everything. Then he install NB Type interior in NA Miata!! A lot of adjustments he had to do, but it sit in NA Miata. (It was almost impossible. But He did it.)
- NB'sTan color leather seats- JDM NB RS2's Door Panel- Replaced & Modified Meter panel to white (by using JDM NB's Meter Cluster).
- Put new nice chrome roll bar with wind stopper at middle of roll bar.- Bose speakers from NB Options with 6-discs CD changer radio.- NARDI Wood Steering- NARDI Shft Knob- Wood Parking Brake Handle- Replaced Scuff Plate with Genuine "Mazdaspeed" plate)- New NB Floor Mat- NB Model Key (Only Key itself, not key clylinder)- Aluminium Pedal Set- Aluminium Meter Rings- Removed power steering and air conditioner to make car weight light. Normal 93 Miata should dry weight 950kg as normal. Parts for Power Steering & Air Conditioner weigh minimum 25kg. (note: Result of removing Power Steering and Air Conditioner, steering is heavy in parking lot and you fell hot in summer as you must expect.)
One thing I have to notify that there is nick on rear bumper as you can see in the photo. (when original owner backed up, he could not see small pole and hit this portion.) I believe this could be repaired approx $200 in body shop.
Reason this car is on sale is, he went back to Japan already ask me to sell to another owner.
He spent much money and time on this car. (over $10000 for only parts) So, $6000 is bargain price
Winner must send $500 non-refundable deposit via Paypal within 72 days after auction is closed. (this is important process to find who you are & who I am. I sent Invoice to you via Paypal and you pay deposit via Paypal) And then, winner pays certified check or cashier's check or cashes when you pick up car.
Picking up car by yourself will be best, but I will cooperate if you use trucking company.
Thank you for looking my auction and enjoy the bid.
You can inspect car if you want to. Inspection will be available at Leonia, NJ and in weekend..