RARE 1970 Jeep CJ5 factory V6
Price: US $8,500.00 Item location: Hendersonville, North Carolina, United States
- Make: Jeep
- Model: CJ
- SubModel: CJ5
- Type: Convertible
- Trim: base
- Year: 1970
- Mileage: 100000
- Color: Blue
- Engine size: Dauntless 225 V6
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Tan
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive, Convertible
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1970 Jeep CJ baseFOR SALE 1970 CJ5-NO TRADES
Nada low retail value. $10700.https://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/1970/Jeep-Corporation-AMC/CJ5/Jeep-Universal-4X4/Values
I HATE TO LET HER GO...80% restored.
She was born in the hippie summer of August, 1969. Neil Armstrong had just exited the lunar module, and uttered those famous words, ?One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind?. Compared to the BBW jeeps of today...she's twiggy. 2K pounds dripping wet...and so very capable!
For the last 4 years, she has been the only mistress my wife could tolerate. I drove her daily. She is a total BEAST in her element. (50 years has not made a stock jeep more capable.) I have loved her with ALL my passion, and enjoyed every moment with her, Do you even know the raw power of pumpimg that accelerator, pulling out the manual choke, and your grandfathers legacy, every day before work for years? She has never disappointed me. Last December, when 17 inches of snow fell, she climed up my driveway when my 2010 with a locker rear end couldn't compete with this girl.
Her vital signs...
Ultra rare factory V6 (Dauntless-Buick Oddfire 225) Only produced for five short years,,,
(Just in case you wondered, once, only once, I revved her and dropped the clutch. With 4.88 gears, she hurt my neck and was awesome off the line.)
In addition to the crazy rare V6, she has an EVEN MORE RARE Ramsey PTO (Power Take Off) winch. The entire output of her is channeled into a gear driven front winch. Her is amazing!
I have dumped crazy amounts of money into this daily lover,
IN THE LAST 5000 MILES...
1. New Hancook MT tires around.2. New powder coated wheels.3. All four shocks replaced.4. New Front bearings and brakes (Did them myself. I'm old enuff to know what a brake spoon is).5. New front brake shoes, wheel cylinders, rubber lines,6. New master cylinder. (you shud thank me-the unsaved in hell have to fit this into the driver side frame!)7. New rear brakes. (professionally done). New shoes, brake cylinders, lines, and the new drums were drilled so I didn't need to press them off because they were swaged (Old school Jeep Stuff)8. New 3 core Aluminum Racing radiator with switch driven electric fan, and new hoses. (much more efficient)9. Wiring harness replaced. New 14 fuse wiring harness.10. Surface mount LED tail lights. (New turn signal switch).11. New clutch, Pressure Plate, and throw out bearing,12. New Fuel Pump.13. New Speedometer cable.14. DC Power point added.15. Bestop Top resewed with UV resistant ?Sailing? Thread,16. Bikini top included.17. Bestop front and rear seats.18. Both Front fenders replaced (You shud have seen the damage I did to the Lexus).19. Both front springs replaced.
Downsides?She needs a new transfer case rear seal ($20 online)She needs a horn.Her wipers don't work.
She rides rough...is contentious and irritable, and you can feel every bump in the road. But, you'll never have a Jeep experience like the ride she brings you. She is amazing. I only wish there was some way I could KEEP her.