1973 Jaguar XKE V12- Superb Condition with only 29,000 miles! The best E-type!
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XK
- SubModel: 2+2
- Type: Coupe
- Trim: Leather
- Year: 1973
- Mileage: 29,000
- VIN: UD1S73988
- Color: Azure Blue
- Engine size: V12
- Number of cylinders: 12
- Power options: Air Conditioning
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Blue
- Drive side: Left-hand drive
- Options: Spoked single hub wheels
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1973 Jaguar XK LeatherTHIS IS THE ONE!!! Better than the rest!
Stunning,head turning rare Azure Blue Jaguar E-type!
Buy with confidence I have 100% feedback with many large ticket items sold. I am a very genuine seller and am proud to put this out for sale. This will be an investment if looked after properly as well as a car to enjoy driving.
ONLY 29000 original mile, rust free, everything works, paint is near flawless, panels straight, no accidents, original leather in fantastic condition and original dash/ interior with the exception of the carpets which I replaced with correct ones from a Jaguar specialist. I also had the two front seats fitted with new cushions along with the headrests underneath the original leather.
Reason for sale- just bought two more Jags and need the space.
This car has been owned by me for a little under a year and a half. It was originally owned by a gentleman in California then purchased by another chap over 10 years ago. He had the car professionally resprayed with the absolutely correct color. The car is matching numbers and I have the Jaguar Heritage certificate from Jaguar UK to authenticate its pedigree.
The last owner kept the car with his collection in an air conditioned warehouse and put less than 2000 miles on it. It was washed and cleaned weekly during that time along with all his other cars.
I purchased it and replaced any and everything that I felt or advised was needed to upgrade the car, make it a daily driver and remove any of the challenges that can occur with the V12 overheating issues that some have. Everything on the car is original or replacement from Jaguar specialists in the UK and the USA. This has been a labor of love and the new owner will not only be thrilled with this car but will turn heads.
Air Conditioning runs ice cold.
I also had the wheels upgraded removing the steel wheels and replaced them with stainless steel spoked wheels imported from England, fitted with original refinished spinners and all new hubs, then had the tires imported from Vintage tires, part of the Beaulieu Motor Museum in England who still have the ORIGINAL Dunlop tires manufactured for the e-type. There are very few of these cars around that actually have the oriinal performance rubber.
I still have all the original steel wheels and hubs and they come with the car .
I only entered in a show locally once ( on a whim) and won best in class. Im not into shows but for sure this will be great if thats your goal.
I am listing below some of the upgrades/ improvements/ work.
As of now this car needs nothing- it is totally turnkey.
I have a custom fitted car cover that comes with the car.
- Not shown in pictures- the stereo has just been upgraded to a Retrosound unit that more closely matches the original.
- New real Burr Walnut dash cover crafted for me out of aircraft grade aluminum faced with real wood. This upgrades the look of the Jag, but leaves the original dash underneath (great condition) protected and fits using the two screws that the dash has for access to the fuse box. Easily taken off in less than a minute if you prefer the black look. It perfectly matches the walnut gear stick shift knob.
- New Stainless steel exhaust system and tailpipes imported from England
- New upgraded 120amp alternator
- New Upgraded starter motor
- New Braking hoses, calipers, discs, shocks, master cylinder- totally overhauled system.
- New Opius ignition system- this is a very expensive made to order upgrade that takes modern electronic ignition components fitted into the original housings. That gets rid of any heat issues the old Lucas system had and makes for much easier starting hot or cold.
- New Head Gaskets and transmission gaskets- there was no problem before but because of age and the car essentially sitting for so long I wanted them replaced.
- New Mota Lita Steering wheel in wood- I still have the original steel one if wanted by the buyer.
- Upgraded radiator in aluminum
- New high output CFM Audi fans fitted into the original shroud along with a pusher fan fitted in front of the radiator by the Jaguar Doctor in Boca Raton that eliminated overheating. This car is driven in the Florida heat and humidity with no issues.
- New topgrade battery
- New headliner
- New carpets
- New seat cushion inserts and diaphragms fitted under the original leather- two front seats.
- Car has the original jack and the spare wheel is brand new with new dunlop tire.
- Comes with two sets of keys, an owners manual and original Jaguar sales brochure.
- Original Jaguar Heritage Certificate.
If you are looking for a super example you shouldnt hesitate with this one. The car has had well in excess of $25,000 spent on it to bring it to this standard and is a great deal. It is not like many you see with rust, rubber challenges, heating ignition problems, and poor paint,without matching numbers, This is the genuine article for the discerning buyer/collector.
This is for collection locally only. Any shipping costs and arrangements will be the responsibility of the buyer. I will consider offers from outside the USA but funds paid must be in US dollars and fully cleared into my account before the car leaves. The car will need to be shipped within two weeks of final funds being received by me unless I agree otherwise.
A deposit of $1000.00 must be paid within 24hours of the auction closing.