1962 Dodge W-300 1-ton 4WD Power Wagon W-200 California Barn Find No Reserve
- Make: Dodge
- Model: Power Wagon
- SubModel: W-300
- Type: Reg Cab Flat bed
- Trim: Power Wagon
- Year: 1962
- Mileage: 6,866
- VIN: 9252863605
- Color: Caltrans Orange
- Engine size: 318 4V V8
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: 4WD
- Interior color: Black/Orange
- Options: 4-Wheel Drive
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1962 Dodge Power Wagon Power Wagon
1962 DODGE W-300 UTILINEPOWER WAGON
VERY RARE VINTAGE HEAVY DUTY
1 TON 4WD FACTORY FLAT BED
1 OF ONLY 280 BUILT IN 1962
~Very rare Type H W-300 manufactured in limited quantities
~56 year old VERY HEAVY DUTY Time-Capsule
~Dana 70 Closed knuckle front axle assembly
~Dana 70 Rear Axle with 4.88 gears
~New Process Transfer case NP201
~Most Powerful V8 option
~ Special factory ordered by Caltrans
~One of a kind California Survivor
NO RESERVE AUCTION BID TO WIN
1962 DODGE 4 WHEEL DRIVE W300 UTILINE POWER WAGON
1 of only 280 V8 powered W-300 Series 4x4 built in 1962
Up for bid is a unique opportunity to buy an original 1962 Dodge W-300
1 ton 4 wheel drive Utiline 133" wheel base flat bed truck. This particular truck is 1 of only 280 V8 powered W-300 Series 1 ton 4WD trucks built in 1962.
This truck was a special factory order from the State of California roadways department better known as CAL-TRANS this truck still sports the special ordered color which is known as Cal-Trans Orange.
These very rare 1962 W300 Power Wagons were all special ordered and came from the factory in Warren Michigan painted in this case as ordered, everything from the body to the frame to the drive shafts to the transfercase to the tranmission was(Cal-Trans Orange)
like the one below
View Raw Image">
This super rare vintage 4x4 is a time capsule in amazing original condition. This Powerwagon is an original California survivor that was special ordered 56 years ago by Cal-trans from Dodge Motor Company as a factory snow plow for the Sierra Nevada mountains near Yosemite National Park
It was retired to a large ranch in the San Joaquin Valley near Fresno 50 plus years ago. It has been continuously registured in the State of California and is currently registured with the classic 1969 era Blue California plate that was issued to this truck when it entered civilian life from it's ownership by the State of California
This is a very rare truck and is as Heavy Duty as you could get in 1962. This truck runs and drives very well. The original optional "Poly Head" 318 V8 was the most powerful engine option in 1962 known for its polyspherical combustion chambers and solid lifters. This was the engine you wanted for low end torque and grunt when you need it. They valve covers are wide and have a serrated looking edge along the bottom.
This engine was rebuilt the original 2 barrel carb and manifold were replaced with a new Weiand aluminim 4 barrel manifold with Holley carband has hardly any miles. The engine fires right up and runs great with know issues, no visable leaks, runs smooth and cool, the exhaust has been replaced and sounds great.
The original heavy duty New Process NP4204-speed Synchrotransmission is famous for smooth meshing of gears and easy shiftingwith wide-faced helical gears which was marketed as the smooth "Job Rated" tranmission designed to handle heavy loads behind how powered engines... matching every hauling requirment with precison.
A true "High Boy" 4x4 with Divorced Transfer case
The original New Process NP201 Twin Stick Transfer case gears shifts as it should and are still painted as is everything CAL-TRANS ORANGE This era of Power Wagon has a divorced or independant transfer case which is completely separate from the transmission: It is located further down the driveline than a married transfer case and connected to the tranmission out putshaft by a short driveshaft
The W-300 came standard with the DANA 70 rear axle with a 4.88 gear ratio The front is the DANA 70 closed knuckle axle assembly with and a 4.88 gear ratio with Warn locking hubs
The front fenders on the 1961-1971 W300 models have a wider flare on the wheel well opening The truck sits on 9.00 X16 (35") tires on the original heavy duty 6 lug 1 ton truck wheels. The tires are in great condition
This truck will do 65 to 70 miles per hour and will drive anywhere you want to take it however this truck was designed for a purpose to be an extra heavy duty work horse that had no equals. With that being said this is not the type of vehicle you drive as your every day transportaion car as it is what it is
"Extra heavy duty"
You most likely will never get another opportunity of such a rare special ordered snow plow especially one from California not a state known for a lot of snow.
A very heavy duty truck that is one of 280 built I gotta think very few of those survived and are currently registured in the state of California
You most likely will never see another one like it
This California Classic would be nearly impossible to duplicate.
View Raw Image">The term California car is used a lot but what is an actual California car?View Raw Image">This is a true California survivor having been originally built in the State of California, having been first sold in the State of California having been titled in the State of California . I see collector cars advertised all the time in many different states that claim they are original California cars but this one of a kind actually is
View Raw Image">You or I cannot duplicate this one of a kind survivor
This is a blue chip investment that will do nothing but go up in value
View Raw Image">
If you are looking for the real deal this is it if you have any questions or concerns regarding this vehicle please ask any questions before you place a bid. This vehicle is being sold with NO RESERVE and will sell to the last bidder. If you are interested in making an offer Please don't email and ask what I will sell it for it is being sold to the high bidder but reserve the right to sell it if the price is right. I am really not sure what the value is but I am sure it's a one of a kind that can't be duplicated
Thank you and good luck
TERMS OF SALE
I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Obtain and verify the registered information of all users who bid on this auction
- Cancel any and all bids at my discretion or end the auction early if necessary
- Bidders Age: You must be 18 years of age or older to bid
- Special eBay Bid Retraction Rules: Please read eBay's "Retracting a Bid"
- Your bid constitutes a legally binding contact to purchase this vehicle. Please read eBay's User Agreement
- If you place a bid before the last 12 hour period of the auction, you may retract that bid before the last 12 hour period but only for exception circumstances. You will not be allowed to retract that bid during the last 2 hour period of the auction.
- If you place a bid during the last 12 hour period of the auction, you will be allowed to retract the bid for exceptional circumstances but only if you do so within one hour after placing the bid.
- Buyer will need to arrange funds or financing before pickup or shipment.
- INSPECTION: I have done my best to disclose all information known about this vehicle for auction. I welcome a buyers inspections. If you plan to have a buyer's inspection, please make sure you inspect the vehicle prior to the auction ending. Inspection fees, if any, are buyers responsibility.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER: This vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representationsor warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids.
- TITLE INFORMATION: If payment is made by cashier's or personal check we will hold all titles for 10 days or until funds have cleared.
- All shipping charges and arrangements are buyer's responsibility. I will make vehicle available to third party shipping company hired by buyer but will not be responsible in any way for claims arising from shipping damage.
- Licensed carriers are generally insured for $3,000,000.00. We assume no responsibility for damages incurred after the vehicle leaves our location. Any claimsor other communication regarding shipment of vehicles will be between you and the shipper, not with seller.
- The amount of time it takes for delivery is dependent on the carrier. Verify with the shipper for an estimated time of arrive to be sure.
- I will contact the successful high bidder by email after the auction closes.
- Successful high bidder MUST communicate with seller through eBay within 24 hours of the auction ending to make arrangements to complete their transaction. If we cannot confirm your intention to buy or the sale is not completed within 5 days, we reserve the right to relist this vehicles or sell to any other qualified buyer.
- In order to secure bidon vehicle, successful bidder (buyer) must within 24 hours of bid closing send to seller a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500.00 via PayPal.
- Item must be paid in full by the Friday at 5 pm PST following the close of auctionby bank wire transfer, cash in person, or bank certified funds to seller.