1990 Chevy Corvette ZR-1
Price: US $18,000.00 Item location: Meriden, Connecticut, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: Corvette
- SubModel: ZR-1
- Type: Coupe
- Year: 1990
- Mileage: 29474
- VIN: 1G1YZ23J4L5802351
- Color: Red
- Engine size: 5.7
- Number of cylinders: 8
- Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows, Power Seats
- Fuel: Gasoline
- Transmission: Manual
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: Tan
- Options: Leather Seats
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1990 Chevrolet CorvetteFor sale is a 1990 ZR-1 6-speed with w/ 30k miles - Red w/ Beige Interior. My grandfather purchased this car w/ 26k miles about 6 years ago. He passed away a couple years ago and the car has mostly been sitting in the garage since then so it's time for it to find a new home.
When he purchased the car it came with a binder that contains service records for the car and other details from the previous owners. Here is what I learned about the car from the binder of paperwork:
- Entire upper end extrude honed and polished
- 63mm throttle body
- Ported cylinder heads
- Forced Air cold air intake w/ K&N filter
- 3" Watson stainless steel headers
- 3" Desert Development exhaust system
- 3" Random Technology cats (Will pass emissions)
- Performance chip
- 180 degree thermostat
- 4:09 gears
- Baer cross drilled and slotted rotors
- Grand Sport calipers
- Russel stainless steel brake lines
- High gloss black powder coating on throttle body, water pipes, injector housing and cam covers.
As far as maintenance goes, the earlier years seem to be pretty minor with basic repairs such as MAP/O2 sensors. Here are the only two somewhat important recent repairs that I seen:
April 2010 - 25,219 miles - Exhaust leak and Clutch leaking hydraulic fluid fixed.May 2012 - 26,048 miles - Starter replaced with AC Delco 19133914
Here is what I know about the car:My grandmother originally contacted a local Chevy dealership in Vermont to see if they'd be interested in purchasing the car. The owner of the dealership took the car and inspected it said the fuel injectors need replacing and new tires due to tire rot. The car runs and drives great so I'm not sure what the issue with fuel injectors is. The only thing I've noticed is that at lower RPMs in higher gears it feels like it can't make power similar to as if you were trying to go up a hill in too high of a gear. Here are a few other details that I've seen from being around the car:
- Passenger headlight only flips half way out.
- Power windows are picky about going up. They move very smoothly but when trying to roll them up, sometimes hitting up doesn't do anything. Seems to work better when the door is open...
- Front spoiler needs replacing. I had to remove it so car would fit on the U-Haul Auto Trailer. It was cracked in a couple spots so I just tossed it out rather than re-installing that PITA.
- Full Power key - When turned all the way (2 o'clock) the full power light doesn't come on . If you unturn it just a bit (1:30 o'clock) the full power light properly displays.
- INFL Rest light is on. Seems like a common issues with 90's ZR-1s
- Oil Change - I just changed the oil with Mobile 1 High Mileage 10W-30. It seemed like a popular choice with a lot of users on the forum.