1966 CHEVROLET C-10 Stepside ARMY Truck Low Miles 6 Cyl. 4-Speed Nice Condition
Price: - Item location: Cape Coral, Florida, United States
- Condition: Used
- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: C-10
- SubModel: C10 Stepside Short Bed
- Type: Short Bed Cab & Chassis
- Year: 1966
- Mileage: 58,260
- VIN: C1446J155670
- Color: Green
- Engine size: 250 CI Inline 6 Cylinder
- Transmission: Manual
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1966 Chevrolet C-10* 1966 CHEVROLET C10 Stepside * * Former U.S. ARMY Truck * * 250 CI 6 Cyl., 4-Speed * * ONLY 58K Actual Miles * * NO RESERVE!! *
Before you and up for bid is my 1966 Chevrolet C10 short bed stepside pick up. The particulars of the truck are as follows:
* Genuine former U.S. ARMY truck, serviced out of Ft. Carson, Colorado. NOT A CLONE!
* One military family owned since decommissioning.
* Garaged and pampered "toy". The truck underwent a mild refurbishment approximately 12 years ago. This consisted of light body repair and a repaint. The paint reflection still presents well today. (see pics)
* Government nomenclature designation still present along with instructional suggestion decals.
* Other than the aforementioned repaint and items that necessitate replacement given to time or wear, it is essentially an original truck.
* Original 250 CI inline 6 cylinder engine, it has surprisingly good torque. It starts right up and holds a smooth idle. NO annoying drips or leaks.
* 4-speed manual transmission, shifts fine throughout the forward range as well as into reverse. Good clutch.
* Solid truck, floors, frame, frame rails, bed area, door skins, rockers, drip rails, cab corners, tailgate, firewall, fenders, etc. As mentioned, there is some light filler repair, however, one can go over the the entire truck with a magnet and it will adhere to 90% of the body.
* Good glass throughout, no cracks, both windows roll up and down smoothly, both wing windows open and close properly
* Good weather stripping, window channel sweeps
* Good rubber floor mat
* Door handle locks operate properly
* Every safety feature is fully operational, horn, wipers, washer, turn signals, hi and lo beams, flashers, brake lights
* Original AM DELCO radio plays albeit through a "crackly" speaker
* Good seat, slight driver side bottom sag, small tear on the driver side seating area and side bolster. (see pic)
* Very good dash, all gauges and function monitoring indicators are functional. Fuel, speedometer, (no jumpy needle) odometer, oil, battery. GEN lights illuminates however the truck has been converted to an alternator.
* Excellent heat/defrost, temperature control and fan work properly
* All buttons, knobs, stalks and switches are present
* Good steering wheel, minor age cracks
* Tail gate opens and closes properly
The bed is 6'6" in length, 4' in width. The original wood is still in place, however there is presently a thin gauge of metal tacked in place.
* All 4 tires have approximately 50% tread wear remaining, no uneven wear, there is slight checking. Full size spare.
* Good steel wheels, recently balanced
* Excellent "moon" hubcaps
* Bumper receiver ball with working connector
* Good sun visors, seatbelts
Recent service included fresh fluids, belts, hoses, tune up (plugs, wires, points, cap, rotor) battery, brake service and filters.
New exhaust system, recently passed Colorado emissions.
Rebuilt steering box, steers nice and tight.
At 53 model years of age the ARMY C10 looks, runs and drives great! It is a cool classic truck that always receives nice compliments and the "thumbs up" everywhere it goes.
It is suitable as is as a daily driver, a pile the grand kids in for ice cream runs, evening cruises, or an excellent platform to take to the next level.
Last year of the first generation C10's, these are desirable trucks. Concours examples are readily priced in the $40-50K range. Check for yourself. I'm thinking under $10K and will offer it at a true NO RESERVE auction. Often I see no "no reserve" and yet a high number is required to get the party started. Here the fun starts with a bid of the year the truck was born.
You are bidding to purchase the C10, not to be the first to "look at it'. Thank you.
Inspections are welcome and will be facilitated to the best of my ability prior to the auction concluding.
The truck and I are presently located in S.W. Florida. (Naples/Ft. Myers vicinity)
Transportation/shipping/delivery are the sole responsibility of the buyer. I own a Hodges Hauler transport. Delivery is possible within the lower 48 states in time for Christmas for $1000.00. (non-negotiable)
While I believe that the C10 could be driven home safely to anywhere in America, I don't advocate it. old trucks are just that...old. Miles from home in an unfamiliar location is not the place to become acquainted with your new old truck. Get it home first...I always say.
If you choose to fly in and drive home, I will gladly pick you up from the International Airport in Ft. Myers or the regional airport in Punta Gorda.
A $1000.00 initial payment is due and payable within 24 hours of auction close VIA PayPal. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The balance is then due and payable within 7 days thereafter under condition and arrangement made between myself and the buyer. The balance is to be paid VIA a legitimate bank to bank wire transfer as it provides a documented record of the transaction for both parties.
I DO NOT accept PayPal for the entire purchase, only the initial $1000.00 payment.
If you are to fly in and drive home or arrive to trailer the truck yourself, I will accept cash in person for the balance provided that it is done within 7 days of auction close window. It you need some additional time to make arrangements for pick up, I will work with you as long as the truck has been paid for in full.
Clear Colorado title. The truck and the title to the truck will not be released until payment in full has been received. Upon receipt of payment in full, I will overnight VIA FEDEX the title and bill of sale to the new owner. If you are to fly in and drive home or trailer the truck, I will offer the option of hand delivering these documents to you upon your arrival.
** Important **
If you are new to eBay, have 0% feedback, lengthy inactivity on eBay, excessive negative feedback, or less than 15 transactions, you will need to CALL ME prior to placing your bid and express your intentions. If you do not call prior, your bid will be cancelled and you will be blocked from further bidding. This is to preserve the integrity of the auction for legitimate buyers as unfortunately too frequently disingenuous bidders will place bids/win auctions and then not fulfill their purchase commitments.
I am a legitimate seller simply seeking a legitimate buyer. I will not waste your time, please do not waste mine.
I am not a dealer, I am a collector/hobbyist. Since 2007, I have sold more than 30 of my personal vehicles VIA eBay. Almost all have had their expectations exceeded. I am lengthy in my description in order to provide one with a thorough and accurate representation of the vehicle in order to make an informed decision. Where older collector vehicles are concerned, condition is open to interpretation. I have represented the C10 accurately. Please have realistic expectations for a 53 year old truck. Thank you.
Given the age of the C10, by bidding you acknowledge your understanding that the truck is being sold in "as is" condition with no expressed, written or otherwise implied warranties.
eBay provides for 24 pictures. I have selected pictures that best present a concise overview of the truck. If you would like any area specific pictures simply ask for them.
I answer my phone quicker than I respond to e-mail. Call me directly with any questions. If you reach voice messaging, leave me a brief message, a contact number and I will return your call promptly.
If you would like to discuss a "buy it now", call me and PRESENT you offer. DO NOT call and ask me, "what's the lowest that you'll take?"
Buyers from the U.S., Canada, the UK, Europe, Russia, Australia, and New Zealand are welcome and encouraged to bid with confidence. If the truck is sold to an international buyer, I am available for reasonable expenses to transport the truck to the requisite port.
This is a genuine former ARMY service truck with a unique service history, good luck finding another.
It is a great novelty and an affordable truck that can be driven just as it is...perhaps as a promotional vehicle for your business.
An ideal memory lane "toy" for your family veteran, or active service member that may have even been stationed at Ft. Carson during the mid 60's, or for any military enthusiast.NOTE: the door stars are magnetic and easily removed.
Thanks for looking, good luck when you bid and MERRY CHRISTMAS!