1968 Chevrolet Camaro restomod (LT1, T56)

Price: - Item location: Richardson, Texas, United States
Description:

1968 Chevrolet Camaro

This vehicle is absolutely NOT stock and it is NOT a perfect show car. This is a hot rod that was built to be reliable and fun in a way that only a 1st generation Camaro can be. This is the poster child of all muscle cars and an American icon.
This particular car was originally sold with a 4 speed transmission and a 350 engine. The restomod restore took place about ten years ago at which point the vehicle had 15950 original miles (shown by the original speedometer cluster that comes with the car). The car has such low miles because it's been in a private collection for the past 30 years. Since the restore, the car has been driven about 8650 more miles, making the total mileage on this vehicle 24600.
Highlights include:
Chevrolet LT1 350 engine (pulled from a 4th gen Camaro)
T56 6-speed manual transmission
QA1 coilovers
10 bolt rear end
Vintage Air after market air conditioning
Rack & Pinion power steering
4 wheel disc brakes
Be Cool radiator
Power Windows
Power Locks
Cruise control
Staggered wheels
Drag racing fiberglass front end (fenders, hood, etc)
GT steering wheel
Hurst shifter
Aerolock locking hood pins
New weather-stripping
This car looks great in pictures and from 20 feet but it's in need of a new paint job. It was painted about 10 years ago and I'd give the paint about a 4/10 with a few chips, drips, and orange-peel. There are a few other issues with the car such as a small crack in the lower right portion of the original windshield, center console trim that was hastily chopped to fit the newer head unit (I have replacement trim just haven't installed it), and it will need new rear tires soon.
The interior is nearly original with the original seats, headliner, seatbelts, etc. which all look great for their age. Noticeable interior upgrades are the steering wheel, new carpet, shifter, upgraded gauges, and aftermarket stereo. The classic look paired with the drivability of a newer car is what gives this Camaro so much appeal. The upgraded engine, transmission, suspension, and ice cold AC make this a delight to drive and provides some serious power when you feel like getting squirrelly.
There's plenty more to this car that I'm sure I'm forgetting. Come see it for yourself and you won't be disappointed. It's a great vehicle to drive as-is or a perfect starting point for a high dollar restore. I'm only selling because I'm unable to wrench on it myself due to a motorcycle accident and I hate to see it just sitting in the garage. I redid the interior door panels and the passenger interior panel still needs to be mounted (clipped and screwed to the door interior, quite easy). Aside from that, it will likely need a new battery soon but it will start right up with a jump.
Vehicle Details:
  • Condition: Used
  • Make: Chevrolet
  • Model: Camaro
  • Type: Coupe
  • Year: 1968
  • Mileage: 24,600
  • VIN: 124378N402793
  • Color: Red
  • Engine size: 350 LT1
  • Number of cylinders: 8
  • Power options: Air Conditioning, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Windows