1961 Rambler American 4-Door Wagon
- Make: AMC
- Model: Rambler American
- Type: Wagon
- Trim: Wagon
- Year: 1961
- Mileage: 55,748
- VIN: B329236
- Color: Green
- Engine size: OHV
- Number of cylinders: 6
- Transmission: Automatic
- Drive type: RWD
- Interior color: silver/aqua
- Vehicle Title: Clear Want to buy? Contact seller!
1961 AMC Rambler American Wagon
Welcome to my auction for a 1961 Rambler American 4-door wagon, the first of the 2ndgeneration of the Rambler American line. It’s what one might call a more compact wagon, and it certainly draws stares when driven.
And it drives well, has been well maintained, and is a pretty solid car that could conceivably be used as a daily driver. I've owned it for nearly 3 years, and while I've enjoyed driving it around, my son recently got his license and we need to make room in the driveway for his vehicle.
So here’s what I know…I purchased the car in December of 2014 on Ebay and had it shipped from upstate New York. Between the work the previous owner did to get it in saleable shape and the work I’ve had done since (and I have receipts for the below), the car has:
- New radiator
- New water pump
- Replaced anti-freeze hose clamp, gasket
- Rebuilt carb
- Rebuilt generator
- New battery
- Recent oil change
- Brake bearings repacked
As the pictures show:
- The paint (two-tone, which looks both good and classy!) is original, which means it’s faded in some places, as would be the case for a natural patina.
- The interior is in fantastic shape, as the pics demonstrate.
- The lines of the car are SO 60s--check out the close-ups of the "Rambler" on the rear gate, the door handle, the hood ornament, the wheel covers--all are great examples of the mid-modern style so popular at the time.
- The headliner is solid
- The car has the original carpet (including the carpet in the rear--not shown in pics)
- All the windows are operable
- The dash is also in excellent shape
- It’s got the original Rambler tube AM radio
- 55748 miles (and that’s actual mileage, odometer confirmed from previous owner)
- The car has the original dealer sticker (how cool is that?), as well as both the owner’s manual and the tech/service manual.
- The car has all 4 original hub caps.
It’s really a great car, and I’m bummed about needing to let it go, but it’s time.
As a long time E-Bayer, I prefer to keep things simple and transparent, which is why I’m starting at a realistic price and offering a very reasonable reserve. Buyer will need to either pick up vehicle or arrange for shipping. Other such details are noted in the “shipping and payments” tab.
Good luck, and feel free to shoot any questions my way.